Sign in to follow this  
gar-tracker

Lake Conroe?

Hey Brothers,

Southeastern member sneaking in to ask a question, my son lives on the north side of Houston. I noticed hes not too far from this lake, and another a little to the east.

Question 1; hows the facility's around the lake rooms, ramps, safety etc..

Question 2: looks about 1/2 hour out of Houston, is that correct?

Questions 3: Any major problems as of late draw downs, droughts, flood would I be better off going elsewhere.

Question 4 My sons interested in a local club as a non boater, any suggestions.

I live on the north rim of Lake Okeechobee maybe we can work out a trade if anyone has a back seat out there. Be glad to return the favor. That would keep me form having to drag my boat out there. I'm talking late summer August, September, or early fall.

Hey Brothers,

Southeastern member sneaking in to ask a question, my son lives on the north side of Houston. I noticed hes not too far from this lake, and another a little to the east.

Question 1; hows the facility's around the lake rooms, ramps, safety etc..

Question 2: looks about 1/2 hour out of Houston, is that correct?

Questions 3: Any major problems as of late draw downs, droughts, flood would I be better off going elsewhere.

Question 4 My sons interested in a local club as a non boater, any suggestions.

I live on the north rim of Lake Okeechobee maybe we can work out a trade if anyone has a back seat out there. Be glad to return the favor. That would keep me form having to drag my boat out there. I'm talking late summer August, September, or early fall.

The facilities around the lake are good. There are motels right on the lake, and plenty in the city of Conroe, about 5 miles from the lake.

Lake Conroe is about a 1 hour drive from Houston.

Conroe has a very good population of large bass. We are in an unpresidented drought and the lake level is down only approx. 3 ft. There is hardly any vegetation in the lake and the bass come out of rip-rap, brush piles, boat docks, points and drop-offs. There have been no draw-downs, mostly evaporation and lack of rainfall. There are a few local weekly tournaments held on Conroe: Thursday evening, Sunday afternoon to name a couple. Three to Four hours of fishing at these tournaments usually produce 15 to 20 pound stringers. I do not fish the local tournaments, but belong to the Cleveland Bass Club. There is also a Conroe Bass Club and a Woodlands Bass Club. The Cleveland Bass Club fishes from Feb. through Oct. and then concentrate on hunting. I fished Conroe last weekend and caught a 6.4Lb, but I only fish it a couple of times a year. Our last 4 tournaments for the year will be 2 on Toledo Bend, 1 on Sam Raburn, and 1 on Choke Canyon.

There are several ramps on Conroe, 1 free, 2 gov't at $5.00 and several private at $10.00 a pop.

Other lakes in Texas are way down, 9 to 15 ft. low. We still have some of the finest bass fishing in the U. S. - We may not even take a back seat to your home state of Florida. Hope this helps. Dutch (backwater)

Excellent,

Sounds like the exact same description of Okeechobee right now only more like 5 feet down.

Thanks a lot, very helpful.

Dont know when you plan on coming to Conroe but I fish it pretty regularly. Everything Backwater says is correct. I run a Skeeter FX 20 I usually always have a back seat open email me and we can see when

Mitch

Dont know when you plan on coming to Conroe but I fish it pretty regularly. Everything Backwater says is correct. I run a Skeeter FX 20 I usually always have a back seat open email me and we can see when

Mitch

Thanks Mitch will do, Ill pay you back with a trip on Okeechobee if you'd like.