Sign in to follow this  
ib_of_the_damned

Legg Lake Ca

Gonna be heading to Legg Lake in Los Angeles tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any tips or techniques that produce for bass, I don't care the size, just to catch some bass. I plan on bringing my box of swimbaits, lipless cranks and regular cranks, jerkbaits(hard and soft), spinnerbaits, jigs and soft craw/creatures, and my finesse gear(drop shot tackle, senkos, shakeyheads, and other small plastics). Is this overkill for the lake or should I limit what I'll be bringing? Thanks!

Good luck out there, and watch out for the poachers.

Only got 1 bass on a hudd swimbait. Most have come on either roboworms on a dropshot, ot T rig. Red/craw colored rattle traps work good sometimes. That lake like tri cities gets a ton of pressure, but you can luck out every now and then.. B)

Opps, just noticed you went today...so how was it..?

It was a nice looking lake, didn't catch a thing. Only got some follows on a drop shot. The lake was covered with slop by the island, that was were I was doing most of my fishing, tossing a frog and some punch baits. Nothing... Then again it was my first time there and it definately wont be the last. And Tri City is like my home lake, and I have better luck there than anywhere else that I have been.

Next time you go, PM me, I'll point you to a couple good spots on the south lake.. ;)