Sign in to follow this  
fishingkidPA

Fishing City Limits (Pittsburgh)

Went out today to the river to target some SMB wade fishing with my UL tackle. Nice, overcast day. I was throwing some small roostertail's, the SM here can't resist them. Last trip we caught over 20 in an hour on them, really surprised me for city fishing! Well anyway on my first cast i saw a nice sm follow it in, about 15 inch i would say. Couple casts later i nabbed a little 8" bass. Later in the day i caught this nice 13" bass. Great fight on light tackle! im sure it would even put a nice bend in my Medium action! I also was suprised to catch a rock bass later in the day along a weed bed. All in all a nice relaxing day on the river.

post-29983-0-62630800-1308438414_thumb.j

Awesome! Just started taking my little boat out on the Mon. Today I caught about 12 smallmouth, 5 of them keepers, a couple really nice ones. All of those caught on power worms. I had no idea the fishing was so good in the mon, I've caught more smallmouth in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past two years. Excited to try the other rivers. Good job!