(='_'=)

Small Hooks??

I can't load the site right now, they're maintaining it, or unbreaking it :P

The link has them as the tourney special, I'm assuming that they're the ones in the dump bin? If that's so, upsize and replace the hooks.

Some guys will take the BPS Tourney Crankbaits and replace the front hook with a one-size larger red treble hook.

Others just fish the lure as it comes out of the box.

And then there are the guys who replace both hooks with sharper ones.

You make the call.

But no matter what you do, be sure to keep the line tight as even the slighest slack can allow the bass to throw your crankbait.

I could tell you stories of this happening to me but there is not enough space on this site to list all the details. :D:D:D

Hard to tell, but the hooks don't look that small to me relative to the size of the bait. I may be naive, but I'd like to think that the lure designer selected an appropriate hook size for this lure.

Nevertheless, if the size bothers you, then upsize as long as the larger hooks don't affect action, get tangled, etc.

I just bought some xps z-pops or whatever, the largest size and the hooks that came on these were tiny, like size 6 or so, I compared to some older models I had laying around and they downsized the hook considerably, they probably got a smoking deal on smaller trebles and are now passing em.

hey. i just got some of these: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tourney-Crankbait/product/10225050/-632862 and they seem to have really small hooks, way smaller than other lures i have... is that normal?? or should i change them to bigger hooks? i dont want fish to be able to spit my lures, so i dont know if i should use them as they are...

thanx!

what size are they #6 or #4 If there 4's ok if not put a 4on front and a 6 on back hook make sure the # 4 hook dont hang up on the bill. some times ok not half of time

i dont know what size they are... im a beginner fisherman, so, i think ill try them the way they are, assuming, as someone mentioned, that the designer considered it was the optimal choice... then maybe when i get more experiece and knowledge, i will be able to determine if that size is what i need/want...

thanx!

I use the hooks lures come with, don't see a need to change them until it's really needed. I have many lures ( spoons too) with only 1 or 2 hooks left on the treble and I actually prefer it, some guys break them off on purpose or replace trebles with single hooks( siwash).

Not a person in the world that doesn't lose fish.