Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

Im In Love

I had the best day of fishing of the year last night not big fish just a lot of hard hitting hard fighting bass. All my fish were in the 2-3lb range and came on 1 lure 1 soft plastic the same 1 soft plastic for over 20fish(I stoped at 19 but caught a bunch in consecutive and lost count) but this 1 particular bait never riped never tore just created one explosive strike after another. What is this bait you ask? None other then rage shad this thing was just amazing. I found some at gander the other week 50% off picked up 2 packs. Its now my favorite lure the strikes this thing produced were insane plus 20+ fish on one bait no riping or tearing is just amazing I'm so impressed id stock up on em but really no need cuz they last for ever there just amazing.

WTG Clayton ;) your timing on the hookset and technique on the retrieve as well as controlling the energy that the fish has left when you get him to your hand is GOOD... Those are big factors in the longevity of soft plastics, along with not over casting (rod whip) and line choice of braid fluoro/mono etc. You obviously have all factors firmly in tune!

Also glad you had a great time with the Shad. IMO, it's the best too :D

Big O

www.ragetail.com

The only issue I had was every now and then it would slide down the bend of the hook exposing the point more cartching leaves and grass. The fish were just destroying it there wasn't a single swing and miss all day till it got late and darker then they started to miss it. I'm throwing it on 50lb power pro to a 5/0 gammy ewg superline hook.

The only issue I had was every now and then it would slide down the bend of the hook exposing the point more cartching leaves and grass. The fish were just destroying it there wasn't a single swing and miss all day till it got late and darker then they started to miss it. I'm throwing it on 50lb power pro to a 5/0 gammy ewg superline hook.

That's my exact same set up for fishing them as well. Try lubing them with a little Megastrike and toss them into some serious junk.

I never used these. What's the best way to fish it?

Just like a buzzbait, but you can throw it in any type of cover, moss etc. without fouling. Try not to reel is too fast as it will stay on top at very slow speeds as long as you keep your rod tip up slightly. Pause 1 second after the strike reeling down to take up slack and set the hook... Have fun!

Here's rigging instructions: http://www.ragetail.com/ragetailshad.html

Big O

www.ragetail.com

I was throwing them in the thickest of grass mats half the time it didn't do anything but as soon as it hit a open hole with some water it instantly started throwing water and would get hit with the most explosive strike iv ever seen. I reeled it dead slow holding my rod at the like 1030 or 11 o'clock postition well sitting in the canoe. My rod reel set up was a old pfluger echlon on a 7MH amp rod. I also drew a lot of strikes running it along the edge of the grass right on the line of grass mats and open water.

Just like a buzzbait, but you can throw it in any type of cover, moss etc. without fouling. Try not to reel is too fast as it will stay on top at very slow speeds as long as you keep your rod tip up slightly. Pause 1 second after the strike reeling down to take up slack and set the hook... Have fun!

Here's rigging instructions: http://www.ragetail.com/ragetailshad.html

Big O

www.ragetail.com

cripes, I have been rigging them wrong for years now, I have used them since they first came out and always rigged tail down, not up, gonna have to try tail up now. they are a great bait though!!