Sign in to follow this  
Punkinseedfyretailz

Need A Crank To Throw Into Trees Deep...

DD-22 ;)

excellent i have a spro already and bandits 700's but i wasn't sure how either would do in heavy cover. good stuff i'll pick up a couple dd22' and another spro or two and go to town thanks guys

Just my opinion, but I think a Timber Tiger DC16 gets through deeper cover better than the DD22 or the Bomber or Spro and I think you get bit just as often. For really gnarly cover go with 17 or 20 lb line and a DC 16. With the heavier line, it will only get 10 feet down or so, max. but you will be amazed at the cover it will come through.

Being a frugal (read - cheap ****) fisherman, I find myself holding back when throwing high dollar cranks into timber, especially submerged timber. However, a couple of years ago, I saw some $1.99 cranks in the bargin bin at BPS - bought one in every color and knew that I wouldn't hesitate to throw them into the thick wood. Since then I have caught lots of bass on these lures and have only lost one or two. Maybe what I'm saying is confidence with your favorite CB may go along way.

Shad Master,

I agree. Your confidence in the bait you are throwing is as important as the bait itself. If you have a bunch a cranks in your box without confidence in them, you are going to be quick on the trigger to go the next one without giving it a legitimate shot to catch bass. I have a few in my box that when I go out no matter the conditions I go right for those first.