Oscar O.

Copper Or Silver Mirror Lenses

Ok, I'm going to try to keep this simple...

I'm getting a pair of Costas and need help deciding between two lens colors: Copper and Silver Mirror (which has a copper base). So basically the question is what effect does a mirrored lens have on what we see. I could be using them at any time of day so a good all-around choice is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately there isn't a dealer near by so I'm really trying to get it right the first time.

Thanks for any input! B)

I have the copper 580's and can't imagine a lens any better. I got mine for fishing, but I wear them daily. The definition is unreal with these.

I've got both and wear the silver mirror the most. With the copper you can see just a tad deeper in the water but they don't block the sun quite as good as the silver. It just depends on which is more important. The silver probably penetrates the water the best out of the mirror lenses because like you said they are copper based. I would go with the silver because they are the best all around IMO and the copper don't allow you to see that much better into the water. Checkout the Brine and Rincon models. Hope this helps.

I'm very happy with my silver mirror Costas. They're easily the best fishing/driving glasses I've ever owned.

Thanks guys, a couple more questions but in regards to sizing. I've tried on a pair of Corbinas and they fit pretty well. They have a frame size "ML", if another model has the same frame size will they fit the same? Also, how big is the difference between sizes?

I have a pair of Costa "Man o' War" on order with readers installed. I emailed the factory for their suggestions on lens tint that would work well on both sunny and overcast days. They recommended the "green mirror". My eye doctor uses the same tint and said they were great. That's what I'm waiting on right now.

Thanks guys, a couple more questions but in regards to sizing. I've tried on a pair of Corbinas and they fit pretty well. They have a frame size "ML", if another model has the same frame size will they fit the same? Also, how big is the difference between sizes?

From my experience NO. Even same model from one say one Corbina to another Corbina can fit differently. Blackfin ML seemed bigger than the Corbina ML--FISCH size XL is bigger than the PERMIT size XL from what Ive tried. To the difference between sizes the Corbinas wouldnt fit me at all the Blackfin & Permit were close but PERMIT a touch bigger The BLACKFIN ML was felt better/bigger than the SWORDFISH Lg the FISCH were the biggest. The one thing I didnt care for on all but the PERMIT was the coverage around the the eye, most just seem to be small lens. Wouldnt wrap passed the side all that far nor go above my eyebrows. Now this is just my face shape others with smaller face/feature will get different results.

Oscar, it would be best it you could try on a few pair. They all fit different. You need to find a pair that fits your face. Like shoes, you're the only one that knows if they fit.

Thanks QUAKE, that helps a lot!

BigMoney, I have tried on some models but I only remember the Corbinas since they fit the best. When I saw the Blackfin and Riomar online I was interested in getting idea of how they might fit.

Seems like I can't go wrong with the Corbinas though, thanks for the help guys!