gall

Bps Johnny Morris Bait Caster

ive been wanting to get a new baitcaster and i was looking at bps and saw bother the pro qualifer which had amazing reviews and a good price i also saw the johnny morris one which is a little bit pricer about 160 both seem like nice reels and i was wondering if anybody has either one and if they do which one do they prefer

Cabelas has their 50th anniversary Daiwa Zillions on sale for $179. Is a Zillion better than a JM? I don't know, but I can tell you I have a couple of Zillions and they are great reels. $179 is a great price for them.

The pro qualifiers are very good reels. I like mine, but I just had a problem recently with the reel not functioning properly. Not a problem though, BPS fully supports and backs up their products, so no worry there. When I received my new reel, I noticed they changed a few things on the internal parts of the reel. It looked like they put in a different roller bearing to me. When the reel is functioning properly, it is a fantastic reel. If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely go with Quillback's advice on getting a Zillion. I have heard nothing but great things about those reels - and they look nice too :).

i was looking at them and still as of now there over 250 :( but luckily its starting to get cold so my fishing will slow down which will give me time to save up since all i will do is work but i do have a bps carbonlite reel i love it but id like to have a new one just in case i love bps products they do a great job if there is any problems so as of now im split

Are you saying the Cabelas Zillions are $250? Go to their website and go to the Bargain Cave, that's where they are on sale for 179. No that I'm trying to sell you on one, if you like the JM's, then stick with them.

Are you saying the Cabelas Zillions are $250? Go to their website and go to the Bargain Cave, that's where they are on sale for 179. No that I'm trying to sell you on one, if you like the JM's, then stick with them.

http://www.cabelas.com/50th-anniversary-products-cabelas-50th-anniversary-zillion-8482-daiwa-1.shtml ;)

That Zillion for $179 is a killer deal, even if it does have Cabela's written all over it.

The BPS reels aren't a Shimano, but they're not bad reels for the money.

I've slowly added BPS reels to my Revo arsenal when they go on sale. I don't think you can go wrong with PQ or JM for the money. This is my first year with the reels and they've done great. My PQ 7.1:1 (on sale $79) fits nicely in my hand and is a work horse. The JM Gold 7.1:1 (on sale $124) casts a mile, but is a little bigger reel. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the quality you get for the money.

thanks for all your input sorry i was at cabelas website and went right ot the reel page and i saw the regular price idk im still split its a tough decision for me im not 100% sure yet i have a shimanno spinning reel and i love it

I've slowly added BPS reels to my Revo arsenal when they go on sale. I don't think you can go wrong with PQ or JM for the money. This is my first year with the reels and they've done great. My PQ 7.1:1 (on sale $79) fits nicely in my hand and is a work horse. The JM Gold 7.1:1 (on sale $124) casts a mile, but is a little bigger reel. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the quality you get for the money.

The Signature Series (Gold) is pretty much non-existent now. The Signature Series II is the black titanium reel that has taken its place, and is a much better reel and much better value at $160 regular retail. Another excellent performing reel for the budget minded angler is the Carbon Black. It's built almost as well as the Signature but lacks a couple of features like bearing count, quality of bearings and the Ti deposition finish. The Signature also has JDM bearings a Carbon Fiber Drag (which I'm told is actually legit CarbonTex), and Ti Nitride guide. You get a lot of features out of the reels, for sure. One of the biggest drawbacks is that they're very heavy. They're actually approaching the weight of my Calais DC reels.

The PQ is a good value especially on sale. The JM is more refined, but not worth double IMO. In between is the Carbonlite which is a full 2oz lighter but only available in 6.4:1.

yeah im thinking about the johnny morris black i like the looks and was playing with it yesterday at my bps and i think im sold with that one its a little more than the carbon black but i like the feel of it better then the cb so thanks for everyones input