Sign in to follow this  
Lake Forest Bassin

Teaching The Kids

Went to dock this past weekend and there were some kids from the neighborhood out there fishing.About a hour into fishing all the kids left except one, he got his bait stuck in a tree and broke it off so he asks me if I have an extra hook I said sure.I gave him a 1/8 bullet weight and a hook and put a rage hawg on for him and showed him how to rig a texas rig.So we continue to fish and I notice he is casting it out and reeling it in really fast so I tell him to cast it out and let it sink to the bottom and showed him how to hop it along the bottom.After 3 or 4 cast he yells out I got one,I reel in my bait and go over to help him land it he get's it up to the dock and his eye's lit up I lip the bass and get the hook out then put in on the scale and let him see the weight a 3 1/2 pound bass.It was his first bass ever I ask him if he wants to hold it and let it go he say's yeah I go to give him the fish and his hands were shaking, he get's a hold of it and lets it go and we watch it swim away and he ran home to tell his dad about his big bass.The next day I get to the dock and there he is so I guess I got a new bassin buddy.

Thats awesome! I try to do the same whenever i have the opportunity. I think thats what fishing is all about!

You did good & so did the kid.

Great story... and the little boy will remember that moment for the rest of his life! I know, I did ;) A similar situation happened with me when I was very small, and now today when I'm asked about my love or appreciation for Bass Fishing, I tell them when and where it all started :D

Also, Thanks for taking the time to make a positive impact in a childs life... Something we should all make a daily priority!

Big O

www.ragetail.com