Sign in to follow this  
JPascavage52

Raystown Lake (Pa) Strippers/ Walleye

Right, so I have tomorrow off, and I was thinking about taking the boat out to Raystown, I'm not quite ready to put it away yet. In the past, I've had luck there with largemouth and smallies in the weedy coves near Aitch (including a 6 pounder this past summer.). However, I've read that this time of year can be the best time to catch stripped bass and walleye, and I was thinking about giving this a try tommorrow.

So, I was wondering if some more experienced people could give me some good locations on the lake to catch stripers and walleye at this time of year, and what baits/ lures should I try out? I'm looking for numbers of fish rather than size, if possible. I was thinking about trying near the dam and Mile Marker 1 and 2, would this be a good idea?? Thank you for your help :)

stripper = nude dancer

striper = striped bass

Unfortunately I haven't caught either recently. ;) Walleye in the river here (Delaware River) are hitting soft paddle tail swimbaits and other shad/minnow immitations.

Fish at night and find the baitfish... Try anywhere along the old river channel (it's still there). You find an inside point on the river channel with baitfish and you'll be golden!