Sign in to follow this  
Triton Bob

Lake Okeechobee In The Fall

I haven't seen anything written lately on the lake. With the cooler weather with us I wonder how the fishing is. With the higher water levels I would assume one could go just about anywhere.

Lake is booming, find the clear water, pencil and kissimmee grass with hard white bottom and you have arrived at bass fishing Nirvana. The wind this past week has most likely dirtied up the areas I was fishing along the east and west walls, but my fishing partner has had success fishing the grass just south of J&S and have heard some numbers are being caught off little grassy, but again with the recent winds water turbidity might have changed that. Looks like lake has settle around 13 3/4" so areas that were high and dry about a month and half ago are flooded. I am going to try to get out this coming week after all the weekend warriors and tournament fishermen have left the water.

The lake is on fire!

I have been there three times this week. Today sucked! The south end was dirty. The other two days produced about 60 fish and the water clarity was good.

We were there yesterday also out of Clewiston. Lots of rigs at the ramp. I haven't been to the Lake since before The Great Refilling so most of what we did was run around and take a look at back water areas that haven't been fishable recently.

As Shane said, the water was really dirty down south, particularly over by Ritta . To the extent we fished, we caught fish and had we stayed put in several places we would have had a decent day. One observation, most of the trails like Boy Scout and the one to the immediate west of Ritta are easily runable but the adjacent areas are extremely overgrown and are going to be challenging to fish or in some instances even get off the boat path to fish.

We were there yesterday also out of Clewiston. Lots of rigs at the ramp. I haven't been to the Lake since before The Great Refilling so most of what we did was run around and take a look at back water areas that haven't been fishable recently.

As Shane said, the water was really dirty down south, particularly over by Ritta . To the extent we fished, we caught fish and had we stayed put in several places we would have had a decent day. One observation, most of the trails like Boy Scout and the one to the immediate west of Ritta are easily runable but the adjacent areas are extremely overgrown and are going to be challenging to fish or in some instances even get off the boat path to fish.

Thanks to all that wrote in. I hope to get out this Saturday.

Bob

Was out this week slayed them, got into a school of 2-4 pound chunkers. Bass are on nest though and females are hard to come by in the murky water, need to flip the thick stuff, but it was too much fun catching footballs on frogs!