Sign in to follow this  
Tyler Smith

Kvd Rod Vs. Mojo Bass

i cant decide between getting a 7' 4" kvd signiture tour rod for cranking or the 7' 4" mojo bass crankster, can someone shed some light on which is a better rod and why.

The St Croix is a bit more powerful without losing the flex or the benefits of glass in the first place, it's also lighter than the KVD. I've always felt the KVD tour rods were under powered for the length and action. The 7-4 medium is a rod that's rated to a one ounce bait. That equates to a bait like a Little John DD. Try to throw that bait on the 7-4 and it's a fight, I wouldn't want to crank it all day. On the St Croix, though, it's not an issue. I do like the KVD rod, but find it's better suited to the lighter end of its rated spectrum.

I have the 7'8" mojo CB rod. Love it. Wasn't a fan until I started tinkering with line size and floro v. mono. You might have to so the same with any rod you choose. Some lines didn't give me enough feedback when deep cranking!

Can't comment on the KVD rod as I don't own one. I have the ST. Croix 7 foot 4 inch model, though, and love it. It is great for shallow to mid diving cranks and perfect for throwing traps in the lakes I fish. It had plenty of power to bring in an 8-9 lb carp that I accidentally snagged this past summer.

i have decided to get the mojo since i like a little stiffer rod, my friend is getting the kvd and i will just have use them both and find out which rod truly is better, thanks for the info