Sign in to follow this  
Fish Chris

Had A Fun Trip Yesterday :)

Started out kind of tough. Fished for like 4 hours for 1 bite, but that turned into a nice, strong 13 lb Striper :)

After that, I moved to another area, and still, it was tough until about 2:30pm....

But between 2:30pm and 5pm (dark) those suckers went on a tear ! :) They were slamming so often, it was hard to keep two poles in the water. Ended up catching 5 more fish, but all smaller, between 6 and 10 lbs. Must have missed 8 more slams as well. They were just chewing ! :)

Pretty cool too > The water I'm fishing, a large shallow bay, gets down to like 1 or 2 ft on a low tide, and as it got close to the bottom, I could start to see these big wakes shooting all over the place. + when they would attack my Split Tail, they would often chase them to the surface, them hammer them like a top water lure ! All kinds of big boils and splashes :)

Had a blast :)

Got back to the ramp, and talked with several anglers, and nobody else seemed to have been catching them. I think those guys must have "challenged themselves" right out of a successful day, by trolling their artificial lures..... and even, bait fishing with "bait store" bait.

Can't wait to do it again :)

Peace,

Fish

PS, Next week, I think I might have to do some live lining of tiny (4" to 6") Split Tails, with no weight, on one of my micro-lights ;) Whooo Hooo :)

WTG Chris, sounds like they wanted the last of falling tide... Is that a norm for this time of year when fishing flats in your area?

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Yes, the last of the falling tide, as well as the first of the incoming. But lower (skinnier :)) water, for sure.

Their is also often a hot bite, right before dark. So, no matter how long and tough the day has been, it would be dumb to try to cut out early, with enough light to put the boat away. I'd rather struggle in the dark, while thinking about those good ones I stuck right before I got off of the water :)

Peace,

Fish

WTG Chris, sounds like they wanted the last of falling tide... Is that a norm for this time of year when fishing flats in your area?

Big O

www.ragetail.com