Sign in to follow this  
Ror Boy

Whats A Good Camera To Get For Fishing?

Any camera would work, most if not every camera has the threading at the bottom for tripods.

Choice for you is what's in your price range for both, it doesn't nessisarly need to be waterproof But you can find digital water cameras for around $100

Agree with Tom. Virtually any camera with a brand that's well known can yield a very nice picture of someone holding a fish. On the other hand, if you want to do other things with the camera, such as shooting wildlife you see from the boat, that's a whole nother ballgame.

yeah, most any camera will do for general use...most importantly, the best camera is the one that you actually remember to bring with you....blahhh, my blackberry phone camera is pathetic, but at least it is something when I forget my camera.

Megapixels are meaningless at this point....it has no bearing on photo quality, so dont get sucked into high megapixel crap...if its over 4 megapixels, youll be fine (all of them are now for sure).

The waterproof cameras are pretty nice I think...my little panasonic waterproof was 197 bucks a couple years ago, photo quality from it is decent and does a good job overall, and I like being able to cary it on the boat, take my photos of bass in the rain, bring it canoing, take it on the beach into the water, into the pool for better shots with family.....but any basic camera in a dry spot on the boat will be more than fine for fishing purposes......

Good luck, post us some photos :D

I've had bad luck with Samsung. Hve a Nikon Coopix now which runs under $200 and comes with software to make modifications to the pics, you can shoot short videos, battery life is pretty long.There is also a company that manufactures a video camera that clips onto the visor of your hat so you can film the epic battles between you and the fish.

amttlv.jpgIve got the go pro 2. Wide angle makes it hard to miss a shot of yourself. All kinds of attachments to mount it and its waterproof. Here is a shot at arms length.

amttlv.jpg