Sign in to follow this  
GLADES

Kotg 2012

The KOTG is right around the corner 1/8/12. The fishing has been brutal at Holiday Park from the reports that I have been getting. I need to spend some time out there, but the funny thing I would rather fish Clewiston. If the conditions at HP are unfavorable, I wonder if the 1/8 will be moved. Any news?

I haven't heard whether it's gonna be moved or anything but man I really hope it does.... I think the KOTG has started to outgrow Holiday....

the kotg dates are set in stone. it is always tough the first round. the flats guys always do well the first and second round. hank and skip will dominate the first round, but many are spending more time on the flats. with the water being as high as it is, you must get on the flats and cover lots of water. i am going this saturday to see what i can find. i have a club tourny at the park next sunday the 11th.

I've been wanting to fish the flats but have been waiting for the duck hunters to clear out the trails a bit. It'll be the only game for the KOTG for at least awhile. I was out at Holiday last Sunday running some props and the water was just a smidge from coming into the parking lot and judging by the water moving in under 27 from Sawgrass, it's gonna go higher still

the kotg dates are set in stone. it is always tough the first round. the flats guys always do well the first and second round. hank and skip will dominate the first round, but many are spending more time on the flats. with the water being as high as it is, you must get on the flats and cover lots of water. i am going this saturday to see what i can find. i have a club tourny at the park next sunday the 11th.

Yes, those guys are always in the money. I guess it is time to explore HP again. I love the fishery, but not when the water is so high. It will be tough to fit 75 boats in the flats...lol

Let us know all your findings :D

havent been to park very much so need alittle help. when you refer to flats, you go west outta park and turn south and find a opening and start heading west? do you guys have like high flags on your boats? any help is appreciated

havent been to park very much so need alittle help. when you refer to flats, you go west outta park and turn south and find a opening and start heading west? do you guys have like high flags on your boats? any help is appreciated

Yes you need an orange flag to enter the flats/marsh areas. I believe it has to be 12x12 and on a 10 ft pole. As far as where they are? Any place you see a trail, will pretty much lead you there. Make sure you have a GPS or I would not advise to venture to far in and around. You can definitely get confused/disoriented in there.

IT ALL LOOKS THE SAME.:D Good luck