Sign in to follow this  
Pete-K

Limit Of Sauger On The Tn River Today.

Got my limit today, It was tough but did it. Started at 9am and caught the last one at 5pm. Between the heavy current and winds it made for tough fishing. For the most parts I can fish 2 or 3 days between charging my trolling motor battery. But not today, they were getting bad low at the end of the day. Colors that caught fish today, Pink head and blue hair, Black head and blue hair this evening. 1 fish on pink that was short and a keeper. Then swapped over the Black and Blue and had 9 on that. Bite was bad, had one fish to hit hard. Rest were just here, all but one had the jig all in there mouth and one was hooked with the stinger hook.

No pictures I have them on Ice will wait and see If I go tomorrow am. If so i will fillet all tomorrow.

Also caught 6 Largemouth bass from 5 lbs down.

Pete

Good catching! Did you catch the LM on the sauger jigs?

Jeff

2 on sauger jigs the rest were on small stick bait. Could have loaded the boat with a drop shot rig. The bass were stacked in there 35 ft deep on a ledge.

Going to throw a crank bait and drag it up that drop this morning and see what I can drag up. Wind gust 40 MPH + But will be on the water in 15 minutes.

Pete

Good luck and report back! If the wind is that bad, the drop sht idea might still work vertical!

Jeff

Well did not do as good with the Sauger today. But did Catch some small mouth bass ( 5 lbs) on a drop shot rig. And get this it was about as white as your going to see one, 36ft deep clear water and right on a ledge about 14 miles below Pickwick Dam. Found these fish about 20 years ago, While moving today I thought of it. So gave it a try and caught 3 there. The biggest was the 5 lb one the others were 2.5 and 3 lbs. All were light in color.

Still a fun day on the water even though the winds were rough.

Pete