Sign in to follow this  
bigbill

Big Bogbait Frogs ???? How To Fish It?

I purchased some bogbait frogs and would like to know how to use them??

We were tossing small live frogs in the water once and watched a LMB strike it as the frog would freeze still in the water. Should i let the big Bog Bait frog sit still?

I can honestly say i dont know how to fish these, i hated mine so i just gave them away. One of my dumber tackle purchases.

Like any other toad you retrieve them so they buzz across the surface.

Watch this video of a Rage tail Toad to see: http://www.ragetail.com/ragetailtoad.html

Good video thanks.

I did notice in feeding the live small frogs to the bass the fish did take there time in striking it. The frog would sit still as it sunk a little in the water for a while then the bass would explode on it. I'll try a moving presentation first while adjusting my speeds. Then i may still fish it or jerk and pause it too. I can see why some caught nothing even the live frogs were hard to watchy because of the slowed action.

When I fish my Live Target Frog I kind of go into this Zone that "I AM The Frog" I'll cast it out and think, Ok, I've just landed, I need to get over there without getting killed. So I start my Frog off on his little Journey and I Go Go Go Go and then I'll freeze him. Kind of like thinking. I've been seen, if I stay still he won't notice. I'll do this especially on Pads. I'll hop him from one Pad, through the water, to another Pad and then take it across the pad to the Edge of it. Then I'll pause it for a few seconds, like 5 or so, then I'll hop him off that Pad and repeat. Usually I get a fish as soon as my little guy jumps off that Pad.

You all have good points about frogs,but this isnt a normal frog. Its a chunk of plastic that weighs maybe 2 ounces and doesnt float, iv tried swimming it on top and its useless. I have seen where people use then as trailers on jigs. There is really no working it like a rage toad or a hollow body frog. The only way i could think would work would be to C-rig it.

I thought we were talking about the Buzz Frogs on the front page of their site. That looks like a useful bait. If you're talking about a 2 oz. life like frog, well that sounds more like something my four year old might like to terrorize my nieces with, LOL.

I havent gone on there site in forever, the frogs i have look like toys. I could see that they might work, but i dont know how to work them and have no confidence in them.

Guys these are monster plastic life like frogs they come in all sizes from tadpoles to bass size (large) and a super sized one for muskie/pike. I have no clue how to use it but maybe there is a time of day to use it too? I fish either really early am from 3:30am to 9am or when the shore bite shuts down. Or early evening from 5:30pm till 9pm/10pm or when the bugs biting send me home. Maybe thats the key to success with these. They really look good. Go to; www.bogbaits.com/

I just went to the bogbait site and ordered the tadploes, a muskie sized frog and some frog scent to try out too. I'll hammer this frog bait when i start hearing the real frogs croaking. There has to be a time to use it.

I have also noticed too when the smaller bass are striking and the hookups are fish after fish then all of a sudden the bite slows down when the bigger bass come closer to see what the smaller fish are doing but they won't strike the smaller lures. This is when i like to upsize my lures in the same color and style then i get into the bigger fish. One day i had a 6lber by the lip and i watched a bigger bass swim by me. I know there are bigger bass there because i have seen them. Another day i tried a 7 1/4'' BPS stick o worm. Of course this new to me bait plus i didn't have a bigger hook for it when the bigger bass grabbed it. I said one hail mary as i tried to set the smaller hook and watched it spit my worm out as it swam away. Now i carry the larger hooks for the bigger plastics. I'm so close to a new state record yet so far away yet.

In the past i have purchased just about every fishing lure known to man. Sooner or later they all seem to work on a slow day. To this day I always put on my slower fish catching lures just to see if they still catch fish.