Sign in to follow this  
Tego

Dicks Sporting No Longer Has Bass Raider 10E??????

I looked at it there last week and even printed it out and now it's not there at all?? It was $599.00. They do have the Bass Raider 10 with no "e", but it's $769.00!!! Anyone have any idea what happened

I noticed my Academy has "discontinued" their Bass Raider 8 footer. They have the remaining ones on sale for $299!!! Thats a good deal if someone is looking to get one.

Great deal on the 8'. I need the 10. It is now back on Dicks site for $599. I'm getting one either next week or the following week.

Great deal on the 8'. I need the 10. It is now back on Dicks site for $599. I'm getting one either next week or the following week.

The 10 E means it's pre-wired to accept a trolling motor or other electronics on the front of the boat. I found mine about three years ago at the local Dick's Sporting Goods for 499.00. I saw it in the weekly ad, and it was much cheaper than the online price! I went back into the stock room with a salesman, and it was brand new, and had just been shipped from Pelican Boats out of Canada. I asked the guy why the price online was different, and he said the online company was separate from local dealers, and usually higher...I was very surprised to get the new 10E for that price. I told him to bring it to the front, and I loaded that boy on the truck that day...Keep an eye on the new local flyer coming out in upcoming weeks. They have some great deals at times, and if they plan to discontinue selling those, they might have a sale on the 10E. I love my little boat and have a great time on the water. I agree that the 8 foot boat is too small even for one person, with all your gear onboard. I think you will be well pleased with this purchase. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns...

The 10 E means it's pre-wired to accept a trolling motor or other electronics on the front of the boat. I found mine about three years ago at the local Dick's Sporting Goods for 499.00. I saw it in the weekly ad, and it was much cheaper than the online price! I went back into the stock room with a salesman, and it was brand new, and had just been shipped from Pelican Boats out of Canada. I asked the guy why the price online was different, and he said the online company was separate from local dealers, and usually higher...I was very surprised to get the new 10E for that price. I told him to bring it to the front, and I loaded that boy on the truck that day...Keep an eye on the new local flyer coming out in upcoming weeks. They have some great deals at times, and if they plan to discontinue selling those, they might have a sale on the 10E. I love my little boat and have a great time on the water. I agree that the 8 foot boat is too small even for one person, with all your gear onboard. I think you will be well pleased with this purchase. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns...

My only question at this point is storage. We have two vehicles (Tacoma/Rav4) and need to keep it (Bass Raider) in the garage as well. From floor to ceiling is only 9'6" and I had hoped to stand it up and strap it to the wall to store it.

We have always stored our canoe on a rack about 7 ft off the floor which was fine as the canoe only weighs 60 lbs or so. How do folks store their Bass Raiders? I know the 8' would store easily, but it's not an option as I seldom fish alone.

My only question at this point is storage. We have two vehicles (Tacoma/Rav4) and need to keep it (Bass Raider) in the garage as well. From floor to ceiling is only 9'6" and I had hoped to stand it up and strap it to the wall to store it.

We have always stored our canoe on a rack about 7 ft off the floor which was fine as the canoe only weighs 60 lbs or so. How do folks store their Bass Raiders? I know the 8' would store easily, but it's not an option as I seldom fish alone.

I understand your situation. Maybe you could consider a hoist type set-up above the veicle you're going to transport the boat on. The boat weighs around 150 lbs. and could be lifted and lowered from the ceiling. If you mount some strong hooks (similar to those used on a porch swing, etc.), into the ceiling joists, and use a pulley system, you could possibly have an ideal storage situation. You could actually have the boat loaded and ready to 'drop' into your truck ang go...If you wish to utilize the 7 foot rack, you could possibly slide it off and into the truck with some help. These boats will fit between the wheel wells of a full size pickup, but not between smaller trucks like my Ford Ranger, so keep that in mind. Not sure about how it will fit into the bed of your Tacoma...I used to slide my boat over the wheel wells and let it rest on the tailgate on my Ranger before I bought my utility trailer. It looked kinda strange, but got the job done...LOL. I do believe your efforts will be worth the time spent, once you have the pleasure of using and maintaining your investment. The inside storage would be ideal if that could be obtained / utilized. I have left mine outdoors, turned upside down, on the back of my trailer over the winter, with no adverse effects noted. I just keep it on clean gravel to keep it out of the mud. I would ideally like to have a storage shed, with a rack to place mine in during long periods of storage. Let me know what you decide, and I will help research some ideas about overhead storage, etc. I'm a pretty good handy-man / carpenter, and enjoy coming up with solutions...Take care.

First of all, thanks for your help!

I don't think the wheel wells are going to be an issue seeing as I will have to ride it up on the tailgate. I always used the 14' Old Town on the tailgate which was quite a site, but got the job done.

We camp with a popup camper a LOT and tailgate down won't be an option. I may use a pulley type storage as you suggested, maybe with a come-a-long to get it up high enough? Ideal would be if I could back under and lower it directly into the truck. My garage is pretty small, however.

Again, thanks for the help.

First of all, thanks for your help!

I don't think the wheel wells are going to be an issue seeing as I will have to ride it up on the tailgate. I always used the 14' Old Town on the tailgate which was quite a site, but got the job done.

We camp with a popup camper a LOT and tailgate down won't be an option. I may use a pulley type storage as you suggested, maybe with a come-a-long to get it up high enough? Ideal would be if I could back under and lower it directly into the truck. My garage is pretty small, however.

Again, thanks for the help.

I checked the pelican site to see the exact specs for this boat. The length is 10 foot, 2 inches. The beam (across the widest point on top) says 50 inches. The wieght is 145 lbs. They don't state the 'depth', but it is approximately 20 inches. I liked your idea about standing the boat upright and strapping it to the wall. I saw where you stated the 'ceiling' height at arond 9 foot, 6 inches. I'm not sure if that is to a finished, sheetrock ceiling, or to the exposed joist. It may be possible to fit the front tip of the pontoons between the joists, which would typically be another 8 to 12 inches of 'depth', if they are exposed. If necessary, you could neatly cut out a section of the sheetrock with a razor knife or sheetrock saw, to obtain the additional height needed. I hope this makes sense...LOL. You will of course want to consider the clearance of the depth and width before making that final decision. I can imagine your next trip with the camper and boat all in toe, and the pleasure / advantage of having your boat at many waterways. I absolutely enjoy every outing with my little boat, and it's always a new adventure. I had another similar boat, a Bass Hunter, and I used to balance it on a wheelbarrow, along with my gear to roll it to ponds. Once there, I would have the whole pond to myself. Anywhere you can launch your boat, even through thick brush, etc., gives you such an advantage over bank fishermen. There's another thread here about the Bass Raider, and I encourage you and others to add their input to the many ideas / mods, to help others. Once again, let me know if I can be of help in the future. Take care, and good luck with your planned purchase...

I keep my bass raider outside in the backyard on 2 milk crates. The milk crates keep the boat off the ground and I use a big tarp to cover her up. I use some bungie cords and rope to tie down the tarp to the boat. We had several big snows and a lot of rain in the last couple months and she is bone dry and it perfect shape. Some people store them on it's side or upside down to keep the water out but all you need is a good tarp (walmart 10 bucks). Also the milk crates are a must as it keep the boat from ruining your grass and keep the boats bottom from sitting in snow, water, mud, etc.. The crates fit perfectly in between the pontoons. On the Dicks question they now carry another brand of small bass boat called Bass Hunter. They are good boats but I wouldn't trade my bass raider for anything. Check my album out for pics of my Bass Raider 10E aka Bass Assassin!! My Bass Raider was purchased from Dicks in 2009 for 400 bucks, the prices have been steadily climbing on these and Dicks (if you can find any stores that still have stock) is the best price anywhere. Some online store want 900 dollars for the 10E. Check your local craigslist and papers for possibly a deal on a used one. These boats will last years if you treat them right!