fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

• Please log in to reply
1514 replies to this topic

#46 cBooms@SML

cBooms@SML

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationbowie md

Posted July 26 2010 - 08:51 PM

My buddy has a 4 y/o Bass Raider 10E with fold down seats that he's selling
Good condition, hardly used
He said he was gonna list it on CL for $700 comes with 36lb troll and a suspect battery (he's not sure if it holds a charge seeing he hasn't used it in over a year)

Is that a "fair" price? I was thinking there will be tons of deals come winter time
I think I'm gonna offer him 350 and work my way up to a max of 450-500

What do you guys think it's worth?

i bought my two year old 10e and my 2 year old minn kota 36lb trolling motor together for 550. they were only used twice! the package also came with an anchor and 100ft of rope as long as a light and battery

#47 dman

dman

Think, before you cast....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationScranton PA
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth

Posted July 27 2010 - 10:43 AM

My buddy has a 4 y/o Bass Raider 10E with fold down seats that he's selling
Good condition, hardly used
He said he was gonna list it on CL for $700 comes with 36lb troll and a suspect battery (he's not sure if it holds a charge seeing he hasn't used it in over a year)

Is that a "fair" price? I was thinking there will be tons of deals come winter time
I think I'm gonna offer him 350 and work my way up to a max of 450-500

What do you guys think it's worth?

$700 seems a bit much...I think up to $450 is fair with the motor as long as everything is in really good \ great shape

#48 pudmunk

pudmunk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted July 27 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thanks, good info

#49 pudmunk

pudmunk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted July 27 2010 - 07:41 PM

My other buddy says "DICKS is selling the 10ft for $499" I found it hard to believe.
however the model # and color is different it looks very similiar
anyone know the difference between these two models

http://www.dicksspor...oductId=2131686

http://www.dicksspor...ffiliateId=3578

#50 Red

Red

I Live to Fish.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationWaco, TX...USA
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs

Posted July 27 2010 - 09:26 PM

I have the 8 footer with a 30lb Minn Kota on it.  I guess I am unlike y'all, I just screwed the depth finder right to the hull!  I also screwed some of those rod deck straps for bass boats to the sides to hold my rods.  However I am brainstorming a new idea for this to eliminate the tangling.  I have four rods of my own, which isn't too bad but add in my buddies two or three rods and it can be a mess.  No prewires for me, they just lay on the floor.  My motor is on the front so I had to splice longer wires in.  I also tie the anchor to the seat bracket as someone mentioned.  As for standing it is not a problem, especially since I cut a 3/4 piece of plywood to cover the entire floor.  Trust me this makes a HUGE difference.  The regular floor is kinda "spongy", with this plywood it is nice and solid.  I also added a nice padded seat and I welded up a 6 inch riser as well, so I sit up a bit higher.  I would think that having rods standing up in the milk crates would be in the way of casting, no problems with that?  I always launch at ramps so loading and unloading is no problem.  I also have a battery operated red and green light clamped to the front and the "post" light mounted on the back with clips to attach to battery.  Live vests are stored under the seat, tied up under there.  Anyway I love "The Bass Tub" and I have caught a ton of fish from it!!  I will try to get some pics up here soon.  Also I welcome any ideas for horizontal rod storage.

Cliff
Waco, Tx....USA

#51 pudmunk

pudmunk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted July 28 2010 - 05:52 AM

yes please post some pics

also bump for anyone who knows the difference in the two dicks sporting goods links I put up

#52 Bassin_0502

Bassin_0502

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationDelaware
  • My PB:Between 2-3 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lums Pond, Becks Pond, Collins Pond

Posted July 28 2010 - 07:47 AM

Don't know why the price difference, but one is listed as the 10E, the second lacks the 'E'. The 10E is pre-wired which means that there is a black/red cable with eyelet connectors sticking out of teh inside of the hull in the rear, and a female trolling motor plug mounted in the bow. So you can hook up your battery in the rear and run the trolling motor in the front with no wires. Only problem is I think you need to buy a male connector for you trolling motor leads from Pelican at a pretty high price point, around 35-40 bucks if memory serves. My 10E also had folding seat backs (which is nice by the way, they don't stick up when transporting).
I fish much better than I catch!

#53 dman

dman

Think, before you cast....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationScranton PA
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs

Posted July 28 2010 - 11:20 AM

Don't know why the price difference, but one is listed as the 10E, the second lacks the 'E'. The 10E is pre-wired which means that there is a black/red cable with eyelet connectors sticking out of teh inside of the hull in the rear, and a female trolling motor plug mounted in the bow. So you can hook up your battery in the rear and run the trolling motor in the front with no wires. Only problem is I think you need to buy a male connector for you trolling motor leads from Pelican at a pretty high price point, around 35-40 bucks if memory serves. My 10E also had folding seat backs (which is nice by the way, they don't stick up when transporting).

yea weird,  the one with the extra wiring (10E) is the cheaper one....Thats a good deal...In one of my earlier posts i put a link to the plug you would need for your trolling motor up front - its also at dicks....

Red, id love to see pics of your setup !  you dont have any leaks drilling right into the boat itself?  i thought about it but got nervous about leaks

#54 cBooms@SML

cBooms@SML

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationbowie md

Posted July 28 2010 - 11:43 AM

yea weird, the one with the extra wiring (10E) is the cheaper one....Thats a good deal...In one of my earlier posts i put a link to the plug you would need for your trolling motor up front - its also at dicks....

Red, id love to see pics of your setup ! you dont have any leaks drilling right into the boat itself? i thought about it but got nervous about leaks

well wouldnt you just put some marine grade adhesive stuff on the screw for a tight fit? i forget the name of the stuff though.

#55 Red

Red

I Live to Fish.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationWaco, TX...USA

Posted July 28 2010 - 10:24 PM

I will post pics tomorrow if I remember, forgot tonight.  My boat hasn't taken on a drop of water yet in the hull.  I have been meaning to caulk around everything that I screwed on, but haven't got around to it yet.  I only have screwed into the top "rail" section, nothing down in the floor area or anything like that.  I will shoot some pictures tomorrow.
Waco, Tx....USA

#56 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted July 29 2010 - 01:42 AM

Does anyone have any pics of a dolly/cart to use with the 8' Raider?

I saw the pics of cBooms, but I'm confused by how it's used. Thanks.

#57 Syppy

Syppy

Any day is a good day to fish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/esippert
  • LocationCulpeper, Virginia

Posted July 29 2010 - 08:48 AM

I posted a pic with the dolly that I use in the pics above, real easy to use. Found it through a youtube video that had a link to their website.  But can be easily constructed.
Sippi

#58 Andy Taylor

Andy Taylor

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMayberry, NC

Posted July 29 2010 - 01:37 PM

I posted a pic with the dolly that I use in the pics above, real easy to use. Found it through a youtube video that had a link to their website. But can be easily constructed.

Thanks Sippi. What's the overall length of it? Would you be able to post a couple pics from different angles?(maybe I could figure out how to build one). Are the wood pieces 2X6's? Any other help on materials, sizes would be great. Thanks.

#59 Red

Red

I Live to Fish.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationWaco, TX...USA

Posted July 29 2010 - 09:54 PM

Here are some pics of my rig...The Bass Tub   ;D

Full shot loaded and ready to go to the lake.
Posted Image
Here is the front light, clamps on, battery (D cell) operated.
Posted Image
Rear light, alligator clips to battery.  It also folds down out of the way.
Posted Image
Graph
Posted Image
Seat with Riser I welded up at work and aftermarket padded seat.  Life vest strapped under it.
Posted Image
Three rods straped in on one side, three is about the max per side.  Tangles alot though.
Posted Image
Last is the floor with the plywood I added.  Someday this will get carpet and the BigFoot switch for the motor will be screwed in place.  I highly recommend the plywood, makes a world of difference when standing.  All my wires just lay on the floor, if I had a trailer they would be strapped neatly, but I have to remove everything for storage.
Posted Image
There ya go, still looking for any horizontal rod storage ideas.
Waco, Tx....USA

#60 pudmunk

pudmunk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted July 30 2010 - 07:41 AM

Sweet pics bro

Need any carpet, I'm your guy as my family own a rug store

LMK