fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Sunshine showdown this weekend  any predictions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 smallieking

smallieking

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted March 03 2008 - 07:28 PM

the sunshine showdown on the harris chain of lakes is taking place this weekend  and im kinda excited   all the experts are expecting huge fish catches and huge bags   does anyone have any predictions?  i think that either preston clark or terry stroggins will win  dean rojas might have a good tournament too with the frog maybe  

#2 FishinDaddy

FishinDaddy

TR 20 X2

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted March 03 2008 - 08:21 PM

Small bags and tough fishing....and Harris is not known for its frog bite.  The weather here is going to be rough for the next few days.
Lee Harrelson- Lakeland, Fl

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

#3 smallieking

smallieking

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 02:56 PM

o really? the guys on bassmaster are predicting record breaking fishing    im from PA so if i think of florida i think of frogs and big fish   wow  im way off   well who do u think will have a good tournament?

#4 GobbleDog

GobbleDog

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 06:54 PM

A few monsters will be caught off beds, but with rain on Friday and cold/windy after that there will probably be fewer limits. My club fished Harris 2 months ago and not many boats weighed anything in.  The weather was horrible, but I've always thought Lake Harris was a tough place to fish.

My only prediction in this tournament is whoever wins, they're preferred bait of choice will probably be an ugly looking crankbait.

#5 jrhennecke

jrhennecke

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 07:02 PM

o really? the guys on bassmaster are predicting record breaking fishing im from PA so if i think of florida i think of frogs and big fish wow im way off well who do u think will have a good tournament?

They always predict "record breaking" fishing now.  I think maybe Peter T. will have a good tournament.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

#6 CJ

CJ

GETTIN' JIGGY WITH IT!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 07:42 PM

Terry Scroggins
HAPPY BASS LIVE IN GRASS....REAL GRASS GROWS IN KENTUCKY

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here! What better time than now!

#7 The Bass Guy

The Bass Guy

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 08:35 PM

Me thinks it is going to be one of the Florida boys...  The weather is supposed to turn really cruddy here after having a gorgeous week..  

#8 HesterIsGod

HesterIsGod

Go Cubs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 10:30 PM

Terry Scroggins

Thats a good choice he is always good in Florida. But I have a system this year. I pick Van Dam every time. So I know I will at least get one or two tournaments right. ;)

#9 alger319

alger319

Harris Chain Bait & Tackle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 10:39 PM

Terry Scroggins

my choice , because i know where he's fishin ;)

"if i was a bass i'd eat it."

#10 FishinDaddy

FishinDaddy

TR 20 X2

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted March 05 2008 - 09:08 PM

The big bags will come from Harris cranking offshore..If they can find shell bars with a mix of eel grass the bags will be 20 lbs, but most of those guys are going to try and flip...either Peter T or KVD would be my favorite because they will work offshore most of the time.
Lee Harrelson- Lakeland, Fl

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

#11 Catt

Catt

Drop the rod, reel the slack, & set the hook!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,834 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 05:34 AM

Takahiro Omori  ;)
Instead of telling God how big your storm is tell the storm how big your God is!

#12 jaskoh

jaskoh

I'm here to learn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 09:16 AM

I wish they had the blog again like the Classic.  Im sitting at work wishing I could hit the refrest button ever 20 minutes.  

#13 bocabasser

bocabasser

hook sets are free

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 10:52 AM

Small bags and tough fishing....and Harris is not known for its frog bite. The weather here is going to be rough for the next few days.

well said lee. a frog bite is not gonna happen on harris. if it does, it will be a surprise. this tourny will be won in the canals or at the openings where the lake meets the canals. i'm with you lee it will be tough. the florida boys should do well, scroggins has a great chance.
King of the Glades Trail Member

#14 MaxDal

MaxDal

Flippin' for life !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 11:24 AM

Just read that they are not expecting big bags any longer...due to an unexpected cold front as it seems.
As for the canals, it appears a lot of good limits were caught there in past tourneys, but they have been doing a lot of work on them.

Any local here has Info on the water level ?

Max
"All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you."

#15 alger319

alger319

Harris Chain Bait & Tackle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 04:27 PM

yeah water level=low ...but fishin is fine, although for the front coming through, it may be tough. either the winner is gonna pull some huge bedding fishies from.. :-X.. or someones gonna pull a huge bag shallow crankin. i'm :-X because i know where boyd duckett, scroggins, g-man and Omori are fishin, my buddy 'accidently' pulled a 8lber in front of them..
"if i was a bass i'd eat it."