fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

how to write a resume and what to include in it.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Senkoman12

Senkoman12

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 09:49 PM

i am almost 16 and like tournament fish with my bass club. and i have decided it is time to write a resume. i want to know how to write it and what to include. fishing is getting expensive and any little sponseer would help. btw my bass club is very invloved in the local community so i have plenty of that stuff
Good Ol Boys Jr Bass CLub

#2 lynyrdsky1

lynyrdsky1

Only as good as your knowledge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 09:57 PM

Proper spelling will be the first thing.
Don't decide on a fishing career to make a small fortune, just make sure you start out with a large one."

#3 Senkoman12

Senkoman12

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 10:10 PM

its not that i cant spell i just cant type
Good Ol Boys Jr Bass CLub

#4 lynyrdsky1

lynyrdsky1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 10:16 PM

There's something you need to work on. Most companies may not accept a handwritten resume. Typing has become a very common practice to where it is better to type instead of hand writing because it is cleaner and easier to read. If you get sponsored, the company may need you to write an article of some sort which will more than likelyneed to be typed.

Companies may turn you away due to having horrible typing skills, so work on that before anything else.
Don't decide on a fishing career to make a small fortune, just make sure you start out with a large one."

#5 Tin

Tin

Bass

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 10:51 PM

ENGELS, MOEDERNEUKER! SPREEK JE HET?
R.I.P. Jack "Fishfordollars" Yates

I Love BassResource!

#6 Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

I love bass fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 09:03 AM

????????????????
N. E. OHIO

#7 whittler

whittler

Handmade Crankbaits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 02:27 PM

Have you ever considered just going back and reading what you wrote?

If you realize you have a problem then correct it. Get a dictionary, use spell check and learn where to capatialize. For example, sponseer, what is that?
Murphy Never Sleeps

#8 Vinny Chase

Vinny Chase

Proverbs 18:21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 06:42 PM

There's something you need to work on. Most companies may not except a handwritten resume. Typing has become a very common practice to where it is better to type instead of hand writing because it is cleaner and easier to read. Also if you get sponsored the company may need you to write an article of some sort which will more than likely be needed to be typed.

Companies WILL turn you away due to having horrible typing skills so work on that before anything else.

^Fixed

#9 SPEEDBEAD.

SPEEDBEAD.

Swimbaitin'

• Members
  • 6,719 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 08:27 PM

There's something you need to work on. Most companies may not except ACCEPT a handwritten resume. Typing has become a very common practice to where it is better to type instead of hand writing because it is cleaner and easier to read. Also If you get sponsored, the company may need you to write an article of some sort which will more than likely be needed to be typed need to be typed.Companies may turn you away due to having horrible typing skills, so work on that before anything else.

Don't throw stones...

The scale never lies, but yours might be broken.

Instagram: @speedbead

#10 lynyrdsky1

lynyrdsky1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 10:43 PM

Wasn't being a d*** just trying to help.

#11 Tin

Tin

Bass

• Floater
  • 6,691 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 11:40 PM

"Only as good as your knowledge"

R.I.P. Jack "Fishfordollars" Yates

I Love BassResource!

#12 lynyrdsky1

lynyrdsky1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 11:49 PM

seems i'm lacking at this time.....

#13 peters_skeeter

peters_skeeter

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 09:32 AM

Concentrate on your studies in school. Math, science, and English are very important in everyday life. Studying proper English is going to be the top priority when writing a resume. Most colleges offer technical writing courses that would help with your writing skill. I am a horrible speller, but I am constantly checking my spelling and looking for synonyms to make sure I used the right words. I write estimates for home repairs for a large construction company and if I were to miss spell a word, it would be very embarrassing.     :-[ The same would go for someone trying to "sell" to a sponsor. Don't let the majority of the people on this forum discourage you. If you could obtain a few sponsors to help with the cost of tournament fishing, more power to you. But if you say and school and land a good paying job, the need for sponsors is less of a priority and spending time on the water becomes the top priority. Good luck to you!
Tight lines buddy!

#14 Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

I love bass fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 09:50 AM

seems i'm lacking at this time.....

Check spelling feature on this site works plus a dictionary. Don't be too lazy to use either.
N. E. OHIO

#15 River Rat316

River Rat316

I Love Bass Fishing!

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted January 28 2011 - 09:20 AM

Ahhhh The texting generation, you guys wouldn't believe the amount of resumes that are floating around out there with no punctuation, abbreviated, and misspelled words. My favorite was one I received that started out "hey man" and did not have one comma period or capitalized letter in the whole entire email. Of course the kid was 14, and made the statement that fishing was getting to expensive so he needed sponsors. :D