bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Tony La Russa Retires

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 K_Mac

K_Mac

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 10:03 AM

He has been hinting about it for a while, but most of us didn't really think he was leaving. I have not always been a fan of his. He has mellowed over the years here though, and I had come to accept his quirks. He will not be easily replaced. Some will celebrate his leaving. I will not.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

#2 deaknh03

deaknh03

Nobody looks good with brown lipstick on.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 10:06 AM

I hope he sticks to it and retires on top.
Stupidity has a certain charm-ignorance does not.

#3 senile1

senile1

Hawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 10:09 AM

I just read about this too. I guess it is a perfect note to leave on after winning the World Series. I hate to see him go. He is one of the great managers and will be in the Hall of Fame. I haven't always agreed with him and his methods but he has proven that they work. I kind of hope he changes his mind.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge."  (Daniel J Boorstin)

#4 K_Mac

K_Mac

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 10:21 AM

I watched the press conference and he seems to be confident he is done managing. He may work again in baseball he says, but not as manager or GM because of the time required. He did mention (with a grin) buying a minor league team or starting a book shop. :unsure:

Only time will tell if he is done managing. I thought Mike Martz was done when he retired. I am just dumb enough to believe what people say. :huh:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

#5 Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

I love bass fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 10:38 AM

He must know something about Albert not coming back. B)
N. E. OHIO

#6 K_Mac

K_Mac

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 07:05 PM

He must know something about Albert not coming back. B)

There have been rumors since early in the season that he was considering retiring this year. I don't think his decision has anything to do with Pujols. I don't know if he'll be back or not, but ain't nothing cool about Pujols leaving. :rolleyes: