Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

2 Questions That Have Me Burning..

to ask.. havnt been to the lake so i cant vouch or try. I shore fish and usally throw along the shore or to cover. Thinking with crankbaits or really any bait, if the shore has a slope(assume most do) if you throw straight(toward middle of lake, hope U invision that) and pull your bait up to the bank, wont that encourage bites.

Second even on clear cloudless days ,if the wind is crazy, creating a major chop in the water, would topwater be good. It can go againest waves creating more brakes and since the wind is making white water, can the fish see the surface good? just a few questions i was pondering

Yes, topwater works, but spinnerbait would do very well also....and if you are on shore throwing from the bank may I suggest a c-rig.

When it's choppy I like to throw a Jitterbug

i have used the carolina several times, cant get bit on it, i know i am doing it right. thus i hardly use it now with the above info, but maybe i need to throw it more.

one day when the water was super clear, i saw it goes out about 5 foot before it drops off an ledge 3 feet, then it is just a slow slant to the deep

Posted · Hidden by J Francho, April 16, 2012 - Spam
Hidden by J Francho, April 16, 2012 - Spam

It can be difficult to make some top-water lures work well in rough water conditions. They can be hard to cast into the wind also. I think the spinner-bait suggestion is a good one because you can let it sink to the depth you want it to go, then work it up and over the vegetation closer to shore. Also the spinner-bait, is likely to trigger the more active fish that you were hoping the top-water lure would catch.

http://fishingbw.com/

I'd definitely try the crankbaiting as you described, as well as cranking roughly parallel to shore. As to topwater on choppy water, I do it all the time. As was already mentioned, a Jitterbug can be used in a moderate chop, but a buzzbait can be used when it's too choppy for Jitterbugs. Of course, don't forget your crankbaits and spinnerbaits too.