babblingcarp

Twist Lock Hooks?

Are these worth the extra price? I have heard that they are supposed to make softbaits last longer, it there any truth to that? What are the benefits/uses? I have been looking at gamakatsu superline spring lock hooks and I'm wondering if I should get them.

Are you referring to the coil spring type keepers on some of the swimbait hooks? If so, Owner Center Pin's are the best.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the coil spring type keepers on some of the swimbait hooks? If so, Owner Center Pin's are the best.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Are the owner hooks worth the extra money?

I'd agree with Crestliner, i.e. the Owner center pins are the easiest to align properly when you're rigging. I think it is worth the effort to buy spare center pins and swap them out on other hooks with different spring systems, if you like that hook better.

love twist locks, especially fishing thick veg as the baits don't slide/pull down the hook etc...its all i use with weightless riggin and/or keel weighted twist locks...

Been fishing the Owner Twist Lock hooks for several years now, both the weighted and original. Just got my first order of Moaner Hooks in the mail and I'm certainly impressed. Got a Free Shipping coupon also for my next order. Look like some great hooks with a decent twist lock, not a centering pin, but for the price difference I'll live.

Great hooks, and yes, they save you more baits. Their flipping hook is awesome. The 3-0 and 4-0 are the only hooks I use, anymore, for flipping heavy cover.

Yes I too agree ! They are worth the extra money. I like the center pin on these hooks. You can use this hook on the Alabama rig or any plastic! And they don't tare up the plastic,it holds the bait better!

the mister twister keeper hooks work well for me i love them