Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

1000 Islands

Does any one have any recommendations for cabins to rent and boat rentals in the 1000 islands. The wife and I are going there for a weekend when im home on leave in the end of July first week of August. I was thinking the Clayton area naturally lol but am open to any suggestions of good places to stay and fish. Also if any of you could point me on where to hit once on the water so I can put the wife on some fish as last night when me and her were talking and she said she loved to fish I had to correct her and say she loves to catch not fish lol. Shes very impatient so if anyone knows some good spots id appreciate it thanks.

Yeah, keep driving to Black Lake, LOL.

I will be at Black Lake with a few guys from club the last full week of July. Great place to fish!

Here's the place I stay at:

www.mclears.com

hmmm that mclears looks good cheap as well isnt to far from all the non fishing stuff the wife wants to do could go fishing fri sat Sunday do the museum tourist stuff for her then head back home. Im gonna run the idea past her and shoot them an email most the places iv emailed are booked already and I don't want to wait much longer but there's still chance my leave dates will change.

The cabins fill up fast, but if you just want a tent site w/ electric, should be no problem. Plus they have boat rentals, bait, showers, the whole shooting match. The owner is a class individual. You may want to let active service drop as well - he might hook you up.

yeah she shot the idea down like instantly we went with fair wind hotel and cottages got a sleeper cabin for the 3rd-6th of august then are gonna do the weekend rental from clayton marina. Im definitely gonna keep black lake in mind maybe for when im home for good this is my last deployment im outsy after this im gtfo. So i'll either take the family or my self up there next time she wanted to be right on the river and it had to be in either Clayton or Alex bay because thats mine and hers first names she wanted it to be special...........