Sign in to follow this  
Jake P

Flippin And Pitchin Jigs

What is your favorite jig to flip into cover whether it be a few sticks in the water or something nasty? I am focusing on jig fishing this year especially before fall and winter. I want to feel like i know what im doing when the water gets cooler and the fish slow down. I have done OK with 3/8 oz football jig and rage craw trailer, but not as good as i would like. Im going to a new lake up the road sunday and there is some excellent cover. I have done well there with a rage craw, hawg and pit boss but i really want to toss a jig in their and see what happens! There is moderate- somewhat heavy cover and the water is about 8-10 ft deep. What do yall prefer in this situation?

johnny c's california reservoir lures flippin/pitchin jigs and the grass and swim. amazing colors, awesome hooks, and they just flat out catch em. i use different trailers. thats my preference. if your interested or curious check out the website.

Get some Northstar Flip and Swim jigs in 1/2 0z. and go get em.

X2 on this, his jigs are hard to beat!

I like flipping 1oz Hack Attack and AT Grassmaster jigs into the heavy stuff on Okeechobee.

Triple Back jig for all around (I also use a locally made jig to)

Strike King Hack Attack was great in the slop for me.

X2 on this, his jigs are hard to beat!

new_gill.jpg

No suprise, but the "new gill" has been my top producer so far. This spring was the first time I got to try this jig out and I love how versatile this jig really is. I have caught them flipping into heavy cover and swimming it in deeper water for post spawn bass.