Sign in to follow this  
Pepul

Strike King Sexy Spoon

It seem's like spoons are getting popular in bass fishing. Has somebody used the sexy spoon ? Or who is fishing with spoons? Wich ones?

I've fished with the Sexy Spoon a little bit and just can't make it work for me. In my head I can understand why it works and have a basic idea of how to use it but I just can't make it work on the lake. White bass love it but the largemouth I just can't get to eat it. Obviously it works though, it's been a part of several big tournament wins in the past year it seems.

Lake fork flutter spoon! I don't what it is about these spoons but it out fishes the sexy spoon 3 to 1 on any TN River lake i've used them at. Make sure you add a swivel to the bait before you use it also.

I use the Sexy Spoon and my fishing buddy mostly uses the Lake Fork ones. Overall, I think they're pretty even. I've got some hogs on the Sexy Spoon, but there are some days when the Fork one does better. Mostly a winter technique for us, but can be effective on active suspended fish in the main lake in the heat of the summer, too.

I have had some good days in the middle of summer when its 100 plus out. I find scattered weeds and cast it out. Then just lift my rod1-2 feet and let it flutter back down. When i feel it caught on the weeds i give it a hard fast jerk and it usually pops out cleanly.