Sign in to follow this  
jeremyt

Two Best Things I Have Done In Bass Fishing

I just wanted to take the time to thank the BR family on my recent gain in knowlegde. The two best things I have done in regards is one, register on this site and two, join a local club. My progression has been pretty slow for what I expected. I thought I would come here, read and learn and be ok. I guess that I am a kinesthetic learner and needed hands on to really move forward. Well this past weekend first and second were won out of my boat and its really starting to make sense. Saturday started off calm and in the 50's so me and the other angler from my club were both throwing top water. When bait started busting the surface off in deeper water I decided to change it up and get under them by throwing a crank. Not long after I hook up with what I thought was a striper, wrong I was and the first fish in the boat was a 5.23 large mouth. The next few hours were really slow and the air temp rose to the mid 80's with the water going from 77 to 81 and the wind picked up.

We fished around for an hour without a bite and then I hung another fish. 4.23 off a wind blown point and then it clicked, the first fish I caught was off a wind blown point. We spent the rest of the day running wind blown points sitting in 12-14 ft of water throwing cranks up into 6-8 ft. I finished with a respectefull 18 pound and my partner 16. It was great. Not so much for winning but for being able to figure the fish out. I feel like I may have just opened another box/page in my fishing and am totally excited about it and wanted to share.

Congrats. Jeremy!

It's a great feeling when your plan comes together. Keep it up.

Good job and congrats!!