Sign in to follow this  
BASS-N-TATERS

Memphis Anglers

just curious how my memphis guys been doin this summer anyone got any fishin reports from our local bank bustin ponds

RW has had some highlights. Other than that its been to darn hot for me and the fish!

Jeff

Caught 8 this morning at the Grove. Biggest was 6 Lbs 4 Oz. Two 3 pounders,others averaged about a pound. Lost a big one on Sunday right at the shoreline. Got to meet the famous RW there as well. Texas rigged Green Pumpkin Senkos and SK Rage Monkeys. Fish 'em slow. Caught a few at Pickwick last week, going to try Enid Friday.

Caught a couple at daycare pond last weekend. Havent been bass fishin much lately. Trout fishin been too good :eyebrows: Been takin the kayaks and floating the Little Red almost every weekend. Catchin a bunch of 16-20" rainbows and a few 20+ browns. Gonna be in town this weekend so Im sure I'll hit a couple ponds then.

Lost a big one on Sunday right at the shoreline.

I don't think you lost it, the fish was landed, it just got away

while we were trying to get a picture. I estimate the Walmart Girl

at abround 8 lbs.

Those are some great reports for Memphis area. Really makes me wanna go get on the river for some trout to. Been since February since I did that!

Jeff

I fished the White River at Calico Rock July 13 & 14. I caught 27 Friday and 45 on Saturday,

including a 5-6 lb German Brown. The early bite was on Rappala Countdowns (rainbow trout pattern).

Later, it was mostly Panther Martin (1/8 oz,black with chartreuse spots/ gold blade). My bigger

trout and the brown were caught on a nightcrawler rigged on a White River worm harness (spinner

with beads). We also caught several on cocktail shrimp, uncooked.

Streamer patterns have been tearing up the Rainbows for me. All of the Browns I've been getting have been on midges. I did find a hiding spot for a really LARGE brown on the lower river. I've have seen her there the last 4 times I was at that spot. Haven't gotten her to bite yet but you know imma keep trying!
:pray:
I did get the "smaller" one next to her to bite and he measured 21 2/3". Big mamma was MUCH bigger though. My girlfriend thought she was a log in the water until she saw her start to swim.

BTW Jeff...congrats on becoming Moderator!! Its about time!!

Carlton

Hey Pards: New member here! Live in Fayette county, just started fishing last year! (went with the mens group at my church to mammoth springs trout fishing .) I read some of the posts about local lakes and ponds, is the grove open to the public? and how do you get to it. also I saw reports on the lake/pond behind chic-fil-a on germantown road, is that public as well? Any info would be greatlyappreciated,.

Welcome to the board! Both ponds are public. Just do a Google maps search for grove park, Memphis tn. Easiest way to find it. Thanks Carlton. Glad you have been tearing up the trout. Might make it back up there this year, if not for sure my yearly trip in February!

Jeff

with the grove being decently large..whats would you say is the best part of the pond to focus on ...ive never had much luck out there...

I've had most of my fish come from the wooded side and up at what I call "the cove" part at the far end. There is a trail that runs from the walking path through the woods to the top. Hope this helps!

Carlton