Mumpy

What's Your Largest Bass On A Senko - Or Senko Type Lure

I was thinking last night about how I love Senko Fishing, I mean I am Freaking ADDICTED To the technique

Then I started thinking, I don't think I've ever caught a bass over 3# on a Senko

I catch plenty of them but none that are like BAM! You know, the 6#ers and over.

So it got me thinking, what's your largest Bass on a Senko or Senko type lure like a Dinger or what have you.

well mine is about 4 lbs but i was fishing with my dad up in PA and he caught one over 7 and one over 5

9 lbs even. Caught in the reeds at Toho during the FL Federation State Tournament in 2011. Caught on a black w/ chartruese flakes at 2pm on the final day. Won big bass for the day!! Woohoo!! LOL

Overall I think I use the senko way too much and want to spend time using other things..... I'll try and try others and not be successful, switch to a senko, and bang, catch a fish. Tough to leave the bait when you do most of your catching with it.

7 pounds 6 ounces on Lake Talquin, September 30, 2007. Skipped a green 5" Senko up under some overhanging trees.

Talquin930071.jpg

• Like 1

My PB, a fish of roughly 5lbs, was caught dead-sticking a senko from the bank. Dead-sticking soft plastics has become my favorite technique - it's relaxing and it just produces fish.

5.6 on a smoke pearl purple flake Senko.

Somewhere north of 8.......

DSCF0126.jpg

Jeff

• Like 1

Right at 5lbs, drifting a submerged grass bed. The wind was perfect that day I would use the trolling motor to get to the edge if grass, make a long cast into clear water and let the wind push the boat back. Green pumpkin with black seeds

Mine was right at 3lbs on a white BPS Stick-o in a local subdivision pond.

My personal best came on a Senko several years ago. Green pumpkin with purple flakes, wacky rigged on an O ring. Early spring 5 to 6 feet down on an undercut bank. Fish was in the 8 lb range. I frequently go back to that lake and more often than not try that spot, but I haven't caught anything substantial like that again. Several slot fish but nothing big.

Figures everyone is catching bigger bass than me, hehe

I tell you, I'm really liking the "dead sticking" technique

This past Sunday I pulled 3 bass off one little stick up by just tossing the senko in there and waiting it out. It was like, I don't care if they hit it on the fall or not, they'll grab it. Sure enough about 30 to 45 seconds after my Senko was just sitting there I'd see my Yellow High Vis Braided line twitch and start to move. Freaking LOVE This d**n lure!

Are all these wacky rigged, or texas rigged?

What is the most popular way to rig these. I've never had much luck either way. Probably not giving them a fair chance.

Hootie

In the 6lb range for me on a watermelon seed yum dinger rigged weightless texas style.

I rarely wacky rig for largemouth because most of the lakes i fish are loaded with grass but i do wacky rig for smallies on the river.

What is the most popular way to rig these. I've never had much luck either way. Probably not giving them a fair chance.

Hootie

Rigged both was work great.... When the bite is slow I go Wacky LOL. Caught this one on a T-Rigged 5" BPS Stick-O Black/Blue Flake which are my favorite.

56729085.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 1

cuaght some many bass 5+ on 5" Yum dinger Green with black flake on top white on the bottom.. Rigged wacky.. Works amazing and love style of fishing.. biggest bass 8 alittle under 8 and a half

A little over 5lb on a 5 inch senko in watermelon.

Six over 9lbs but not quite DD's.

I have caught a lot of fish in the 5-7lb range on a senko. My pb is pretty close to the 8lb mark. Out here several fish over ten are caught on them every year. It is not my favorite bait to fish. But when fishing tournaments it is to effective of a bait not to have one tied on. Smaller Senkos catch big fish but try incorporating the larger 7in Senko's into the mix if you want some larger fish.

Hootie

I've always just weightless Texas rigged them. Never had any luck wacky style.