Sign in to follow this  
Backwoodsbasser

Weekend Warriors

What was every body's catches this weekend? Tonight is a new moon did it help anyone? I got a 3.10 lb tonight as well as a 1.13. The first one was on my first cast at sunset at one of my favorite spots. I use a couple fishing log apps and this spot is getting slammed with pictures of catches. They were both caught on a 5/16oz bitsy jig in blk/blu with a blk/blu salty chunk jr. Both less than 3 ft of water at a natural stone retaining wall that has produced countless bass. How do you post pics here? I can't quite tell if this is a lm or sm I know what to look for but the color markings and jaw could go either way

Nice! I caught a couple 2 pounders and a decent sized perch yesterday in a new spot I decided to check out. All on a jig. Don't ask how or why the perch went after the jig, because I dont even know. I still dont understand how it got the jig in its mouth haha.

Went out for 3 hours right at sunrise yesterday. Nothin. Went out around the same time the day before and caught a small LM on a medium diving crankbait and a chain pickerel on a 7 inch green worm. The bass was only like 10 inches and the pickerel was probalby around 12. Caught a pick on thursday that was pushing 20.

Lake Tuckahoe. Theres a dam at the lower end. I was fishing off of that. The shoreline has tons of weeds and runs off on either side of the dam and about 30-40 feet along the one side, theres a big bunch of lily pads. I was casting towards the pads and burning it back to the dam. Caught a nice bass today on a Rappala Shad Rap and my girlfriend caught her first fish ever (chain pickerel) on a generic crank that came with her rod. The crankbait bite is definitly on.

Oct. 18, 2012   Smithville Lake (3)

Oct. 18, 2012   Smithville Lake (2)