Sign in to follow this  
CyRaX

How Will The Earthquake Affect Fishing?

Interesting question, and yes that would be somethingl if it woke the fish up, LOL... IMO I don't think the earthquake will affect fishing, maybe tonight and tomarrow morning... Overall I think the fish will be back to their normal selves tomarrow if they were affected at all in the first place.

Interested to see what others say...

I actually saw something about this on that show 'River Monsters'. The guy was in Japan. Think he was going after big catfish or something like that. Anyway, if I remember correctly, the japaneese fisherman he was talking to was saying that he noticed an increase in the catfish activity right before earthquakes. You can probably find the episode on netflix or something like that.

Also I didn't know there was an earthquake. Where/when was it?

Also I didn't know there was an earthquake. Where/when was it?

happened up in Maine around 7 last night, i felt it for about 10 seconds here in Massachusetts

I think that an earthquake would only cause a steady vibration in the water for the 10 seconds that it lasted. The fish shouldn't react any different than if a motor boat drove by them and caused a heavy vibration to travel through the water for a few seconds.

I think a short burst of activity "could" have taken place during the quake. I have fished a river many times where train tracks ran parallel to the river for a stretch. Every time a train would pass the smallies would go nuts for a few minutes then stop. My theory was the vibrations from the train would get crayfish and other foods moving and active, and in turn the bass would have a hay day for a short time. Either that, or it was all in my head and coincidental. lol

In any event, I think the quake bite is long over.

I think a short burst of activity "could" have taken place during the quake. I have fished a river many times where train tracks ran parallel to the river for a stretch. Every time a train would pass the smallies would go nuts for a few minutes then stop. My theory was the vibrations from the train would get crayfish and other foods moving and active, and in turn the bass would have a hay day for a short time. Either that, or it was all in my head and coincidental. lol

In any event, I think the quake bite is long over.

I have a small quarry lake i fish with train tracks running along it too. But for some reason it does absolutely nothing to stir the fish up. I think theyre used to it or it spooks them cause i rarely catch fish on thst side.