NEjitterbugger

Striped Bass

My dad, my friend, and I are going to the cape cod canal this weekend. My dad and I went last weekend and landed 27 (12 pounder biggest), I'm bringing my friend this time. He is going to try to catch one on his fly rod... Should be fun, hopefully we land some more and maybe some bigger ones! Some 40 pounders were cought in maine last week and maybe some cows will go through the canal!

Anyone been there recently? Anyone fished for stripers recently?

Man I *** you! I didn't get to striper fish at all this summer, as a matter of fact, my freshwater bass fishing time was cut almost 75% this year due to work. I can't wait to get back up to K-Port, ME next year to striper fish.

Good luck to you all this weekend and make sure you post your catch here so I can drool all over them!

Nice fish..........I have a good buddy that's a charter capt out of Cape May, NJ, charters mainly stripers and yellowfins. I met him about 10 years ago, his sister lives in my community, my wife and I traveled up there several times and I fished with him. As things would have it he and his wife purchased a home where I live, so he's a neighbor and brings his boat down in the winter...............he loves fishing for big jacks now.

Driving about 2 hours to get to the canal tonight fish 2-3 hours then driving 2 hours back... (Doing my homework on the way there) Hopefully it pays off!

Driving about 2 hours to get to the canal tonight fish 2-3 hours then driving 2 hours back... (Doing my homework on the way there) Hopefully it pays off!

You two are hard core LOL.... :respect-059: