Sign in to follow this  
GoneFishi'n

Favorite Beaver Type Bait?

Reactions Innovations Sweet Beaver is mine too!

RI sweet or smallie beaver..great for a small or longer jig trailer, also great for pitching/flipping.. Very resilient as well. The corn dog with chartreuse tip has been excellent for me, and the green Gobi paired with a small weight and small, light t-rigged hook has been great in creeks around here for smallmouth.

Reaction Innovations, Sweet and Smallie beavers are all I fish as far as beaver baits go. I use the same colors I use in the rest of my soft plastics, Black/blue, Junebug, Green pumpkin, and watermelon/red.

Ill let yall have all the RI Swet Beavers yall want...all the while Ill catch fish on my Missle D Bombs. I have fished them all and the Missle D Bombs are heads above the rest.

big bite baits yomamma and grandebass beav'r claws. both reasonably priced and both double as excellent jig trailers which gives you even more bang for the buck imo.

Z-Hog

YoMamma

Rodent

not in any particular order

RI Sweet Beaver!

Hard to not mention the original Sweet Beaver. Just a great bait. Over the last year though, I've been using the SK Rodent more and more. I can't even begin to count how many fish the baby Rodent has put in the boat for me. Flipped or as a jig trailer. Great little piece of plastic. It's just a little longer than the Smallie Beaver. Able to fit a hook into the meat of the bait a bit better.

Two years ago I got hooked on RI's Beaver, however I rig it on a swimbait type hook instead of using a bullet sinker. Makes a more compact package and the fish don't seem to mind at all. I've tried 4 different color combos and the fish don't seem to care about that either. They just love to gobble 'em up. :)

R.I. Sweet and Smallie beavers.

Watermelon/red, Black/red flake, Fried watermelon, and smoke/red and black flake. I just purchased a color called Tramp Stamp, I'm looking forward to using It this early Spring.

The smallie beavers are great jig trailers.

Ill let yall have all the RI Swet Beavers yall want...all the while Ill catch fish on my Missle D Bombs. I have fished them all and the Missle D Bombs are heads above the rest.

I"m tempted to agree with that. The missiles have been quite good this year. There's something to them that no other has. Color: Candy GRass and Love Bug.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the pit boss. Although I haven't used any small soft plastic flippin baits in a while, the pit boss in big Texan is my go to. Can't forget the rage menace either!

Skeet Reese's Pit Boss seems to work well for what little pitching/ flipping I do.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the pit boss. Although I haven't used any small soft plastic flippin baits in a while, the pit boss in big Texan is my go to. Can't forget the rage menace either!

Got some of these in my last order. Seem to have a lot of potential, especially for the price!

I use BPS River Bugs (in both sizes) more than any other "beaver" baits. Crawberry or something in the neighborhood are my favorite colors, with Junebug as an alternative.

With that said RI Sweet beavers (in both sizes) are my favorite, and if money were on the line that would be my choice. California is my favorite color.