Sign in to follow this  
Bluebasser86

Finally Got A Good Day To Hunt!

I've had terrible luck with the weather this deer season. It seems every time I have a chance to go the wind is blowing 20mph+ and that just isn't much fun to sit in a tree stand in! Well I saw this week I was finally going to catch a break and decided to make getting a deer, any deer, my number on priority. Today is day one of my three days I'd have a chance to hunt. Got in the stand around 2:30 but didn't see my first deer until 4, at doe at about 200 yards. Shortly after another doe about 100 yards, then another around 60. Just as I was running out of light I heard a noise behind me I knew was a deer. There was a doe acting nervous, she'd obviously winded me or heard something she didn't like. She stomped and took a couple steps before she stopped to look back again, that was all the opening I needed. Triple bladed Rage with a perfect pass through double lung shot, she went about 50 yards before she piled up. Felt good to take advantage once I was finally given the opportunity!

101_1738.jpg

Congrats on a nice doe. Looks like a perfect shot too. Those Rage heads do a number on a deer for sure!!!

nice

Thats a start to filling the freezer! Congrats!

Jeff

I will have some backstrap please, nice shoot!