Sign in to follow this  
provocation

New Legend Xtreme Casting Question

Hello there,

I am planning to buy a new rod. I want to throw 1/8 jigheads and maybe lighter on my new revo mgx reel before that i had a revo premier and could cast 1/8 very easy.

I  was thinking to buy the new Legend xtreme casting 6'10" medium extra fast 1/8 to 5/16 but it says it waits 5.4 ounce!

Can anyone explain this to me why its that heavy compared to the other rods that are lighter in that serie.

Or do i need to buy a g.loomis nrx rod i can get almost the same only lighter in rod weight and a little longer rod whats better for me anyways. because i want to use it offshore and in my boat.

Can anyone help me please.

Im from the Netherland by the way sorry for my mistake english.

Greets Josh

Last guy I met from the Netherlands came into the bait shop I was working at and I sold him $800 worth of gear. I need to get into whatever line of work you people do lol. 

Don't equate weight with sensitivity. I have 2 of the new Legend Extremes and they are heavier than most rods at that price point. I also have an NRX and IMO the LE's are just as sensitive. The new grips do take some getting used to but I like them now. 

Haha Netherlands is fun i can go to a coffeeshop and buy some weed legal and than going to fish in my boat for pike, big perch, and walleye (europe). i love the netherlands LOL

Crappiebasser thanks for the tips! Can i balance the 6'10" medium 1/8 to 5/16 casting rod with a Revo mgx because i have that reel?

Or should i look at the Abu Garcia Fantasista MGS rod for my Revo MGX? its a 400 - 500$ rod also

or a fantasista shiro nano because this extreme high end rods are easier to get here in the Netherlands?

thanks

The LE's weight are in the handles so they balance well with any reel IMO. I have a Core 50MG on my 6'10" and it is very balanced. 

The increase of weight in the new xtremes is to counter the old xtremes tip heaviness. The new ones balance and feel much better. About your ultra light weight jig question, id use the 610mlxf over the 610m for that.

just noticed they don't make the xtreme casting rod in mlxf anymore. the 610m should be fine based on the specs. It's probably a less powerful blank than their typical M rods.

don't get high and drive.

• Like 1

Haha Netherlands is fun i can go to a coffeeshop and buy some weed legal and than going to fish in my boat for pike, big perch, and walleye (europe). i love the netherlands LOL

Crappiebasser thanks for the tips! Can i balance the 6'10" medium 1/8 to 5/16 casting rod with a Revo mgx because i have that reel?

Or should i look at the Abu Garcia Fantasista MGS rod for my Revo MGX? its a 400 - 500$ rod also

or a fantasista shiro nano because this extreme high end rods are easier to get here in the Netherlands?

thanks

Im not the type of person to support boating while high , drunk etc under the influence.

thank you very much iabass8 for help!

@tbone1993 well my boat go's slow and here in netherlands its legal to use when im fishing in my boat + i can set hook more quickly when stoned high! LOL XD

Here its just normal al kids from 16 year old smoke in my town