Smallieslayer2234

Pitching Pit Bosses

In yalls opininon what's yalls best way to pitch ad flip vernier pit bosses...how do y'all rig them?

I'll flip and pitch them on a texas rig. I'll generally use a 3/16 oz-3/8 oz weight depending on the type of the cover and I use a 4/0 gamakatsu EWG Superline hook.

Usually i'm pitching moderate grass, pencil reeds, docks, or wood and in those circumstances I texas rig them with a 3/8-1/2 oz weight.  

If the cover is sparse i'll drop down to 3/16-1/4 oz.

In heavy cover i'll bump up to a 3/4-1.25oz weight and peg it using a bobber stop. 

Hook wise I like a 4/0 straight shank hook. 

I'm pretty much like the first two guys, if I'm just pitching it to laydowns, boat houses, or sparse cover usually use a 5/16 weight. If I'm flipping it I'll go 3/4 for about 80% of my grass fishing. I use a straight shank for flipping and usually an ewg style for everything else. Sometimes I might use an Owner twistlock. I always peg my weight.

Do y'all ped the weight down against the line tie or leave space between the line tie and weight?

Look up the "Snell knot", use it on a 4/0 straight shank hook. Use a bobbed stop to peg a 1/8-1/2 oz weight. My tip... pitch it out there, do the jiggle hop thing for a couple feet then swim it back with some exaggerated pumps.

• Like 1

I fish them with a 1/4 or 3/8 ounce weight and a 4/0 EWG hook on a Trig. I use the 1/4oz, unpegged, for pitching to laydowns, docks, and rocks. I use the 3/8oz, pegged, for pitching in weeds.

Look up the "Snell knot", use it on a 4/0 straight shank hook. Use a bobbed stop to peg a 1/8-1/2 oz weight. My tip... pitch it out there, do the jiggle hop thing for a couple feet then swim it back with some exaggerated pumps.

Palomar knot is good enough IMO. 

4/0 Gammy offset EWG with a pegged weight from 1/4-3/4 oz depending on conditions. Pit Boss is one of my all time favorite lures!