Sign in to follow this  
Bass Dude

Beer Sponsor Of Flw

Why is everyone so up in arms about the new beer sponsor of FLW.  I can see not having that logo prominate in the college series, but in the other series, I don't get it.  We are all adults and there are few things better after a day of fishing that an ice cold beer. 

As far as kids seeing this at weigh-ins etc, that's an issue that the parents can discuss with their kids.  When I was a kid, my parents explained that it is an adult beverage and explained the ramifications of excessive drinking. 

I think the biggest problem in today's society is that we remove the responsibility from the parents and put on organizations or other people that aren't, and shouldn't be responsible for raising your kids.

we remove the responsibility from the parents

Who is "removing" it?  Taking responsibility is something you actively do.

By we, I mean parents. 

Yes, responsibility is something you actively do..and some parents do not take that on.  They place blame on all the outside influences when it is the parents who should be providing guidance and explaining the consequences that your actions have.  If your underage child is pounding beers it's the parents' fault, it's not FLW's fault for waving a beer sponsor logo at a weigh-in.

Bottom line...I don't think a beer company sponsoring a fishing organizatin will cause the downfall of civilization!!

I can understand tobacco, but beer? Lordy how this world is going down fast.

It should not matter in college either. Have you heard of the Evan williams bourbon all star championship event? They had a college tournament weigh in on the same stage. 

all i can say on that is the organization is based to youth and conservation. but personally i dont have a problem with it.

LgMouthGambler, what is the difference between tobacco and beer? Both legal substances for adults to use.

I have no issue with it, cannot get what the issue for some is. Its not like this is the only place they will see it. Better to get an explanation from the parents about things then get to be a young adult and get info from "friends"

I like beer.  No I love beer!  But I do have a problem "if" the pro's like Jimmy Houston choose not to have the sponsor on their boat or jerseys don't get points for qualifying for the big tournaments.  That is one reason Jimmy switched to FLW over BASS.  They would allow him to fish but he wasn't allowed to accrue points to win AOY or to qualify for the Classic.

This is all based on their religion of course. 

I don't get the big uproar either.  In the grand scheme of things, is it really a big deal?  This society we live in needs to get a grasp on things.  Are you telling me it's not o.k. to have a beer sponsor an adult fishing series like th FLW, but I can turn on the t.v. at home with my young kids and get to watch several commercials about problems with erections!  Come on people, get with the program.