zwhiten12

Soft Entry For Lures?

It seems like every time I cast a lure its like a title wave rippling across the lake, how can I get a softer, more quiet entry into the water? Thanks y'all!

I like keeping the lure as close to the water as possiable so i use an under hand or a roll cast to do this.Casting over hand creates a high arc cast and creates a bigger wake.

Look up "roll cast" on youtube. As the bait come close to entering the water, thumb the spool and lift your rod tip up at the same time. It takes some practice.  Or pitch your lure and do the same as well.  

If you are casting a long distance, just cast well past your target and you don't have to worry to much about the splash.

• Like 1

Look up "roll cast" on youtube. As the bait come close to entering the water, thumb the spool and lift your rod tip up at the same time. It takes some practice. Or pitch your lure and do the same as well.

If you are casting a long distance, just cast well past your target and you don't have to worry to much about the splash.

Thats pretty much it. Just remember, the further the lure has to fall the bigger the splash. Think low trajectery, side arm roll casts. And practice, practice practice..and then practice more.

you will eventually get it. it just takes practice and time on the water to understand when and where you need to.

I roll cast 90% of the time, if not more so, and it makes a big difference in the amount of water disruption on lure entry. It also can be altered slightly and make a great base cast for skipping. The only time I use an overhead cast is when I'm striving for maximum distance in crankbait or top water situations.

• Like 1