Sign in to follow this  
brady01

Upgrading Boats.

I am currently sealing the deal selling my 17' astro with a 115 mercury, and i am looking to upgrade soon. 

Just needing some advice. I am thinking i am going to spend about 12k at MAX. 

Heres what i want in a boat:

1. 1995 and up. 

2. 18'-20'+ Preferably 20'

3. 200hp+

4. Dual axle trailer

5. Dual console (Optional)

I am a very picky person and know what i want and i will wait til i find it to buy it just like i did my first boat, but i found a 1999 Skeeter ZX202c with a Yamaha Vmax 200 and i am already in love. I was curious to see if any of you run Skeeters and Yammies and if so what you think about them. 

Another thing, what is your opinion on a dual console? I just think it would kind've be a luxury to have but i dont know and thats why i put optional .

Thanks in advance. 

I can't speak to to skeeter or Yamaha ........but I wish I had not bought dual console. Unless it was like some newer boats with removable/optional 2nd console. Otherwise I will not buy another dual console.

It feels like it takes up too much deck space to me.

But I think my wife likes it.........most passengers are probably glad to have the 'protection'.

I can't speak to to skeeter or Yamaha ........but I wish I had not bought dual console. Unless it was like some newer boats with removable/optional 2nd console. Otherwise I will not buy another dual console.

It feels like it takes up too much deck space to me.

But I think my wife likes it.........most passengers are probably glad to have the 'protection'.

Glad to have the protection but not really worth it huh? I feel like you would lose a lot of room with it as well and a lot of people have told me that. Thanks for the quick reply. 

I do not think it is worth it.

I actually looked into the feasability of removing the 2nd console........way too much work, or too much money to pay anyone to remove it professionally.

I am going to stick it out for a while and then hopefully sell it and buy another single console.

Good Luck with your search.

I had an 03 ZX200 with a 200 HPDI and it was one of the best boats I ever had.  A second console does make the boat fish smaller but is really nice for passengers if you fish buddy tournaments.

I had an 03 ZX200 with a 200 HPDI and it was one of the best boats I ever had.  A second console does make the boat fish smaller but is really nice for passengers if you fish buddy tournaments.

Did you have good luck out of the yamaha?

I ran Yamaha outboards for 10 years and never had an issue with one.  They are as dependable as any outboard on the market.  I will say the Optimax gets better fuel economy than the HPDI.

Have any of you had a Ranger 487vs? If so how'd you like it?

A lot of people say that the 487vs is the best hull ranger has ever built.  One of my dad's buddy has one and will not part with it for any monetary amount, I've tried...