tbone1993

Local Rod Repair

Does anyone know of a good rod repair place in Champaign , Il or Chicago ,Il. Anywhere in those general areas. I am going to get a guide wrapped because the insert fell out.   I would like to avoid sending it away for a month. 

Look up the mom/pop tackle shop in your local area.

Most all of them replace rod tips, and, know of local rod builders that can do the guide replacement you seek..... :Victory:

Tight Lines! :fishing1:

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a good rod repair place in Champaign , Il or Chicago ,Il. Anywhere in those general areas. I am going to get a guide wrapped because the insert fell out.   I would like to avoid sending it away for a month. 

The Salmon Shop on Northwest Highway in Palatine, IL did a replacement on mine.  Owners name is Jimmy. It took a while to get it back but he did on ok job from what I can tell. I'm not a rod smith so I wouldn't really know what is great work and what's not. I have a new guide that is straight so that's all I care about.

Look up the mom/pop tackle shop in your local area.

Most all of them replace rod tips, and, know of local rod builders that can do the guide replacement you seek..... :Victory:

Tight Lines! :fishing1:

X2