What are y'all s experience with them? I love them, but I've only used a couple saltwater rods. Are the bass rods any good for budget rods?

My old man uses All Star rods, and loves them for a cheap rod. With Falcon & G-Loomis being his favs.

I see Tackleware House stopped carring AllStar bass rods, you might want to call them and ask why?

Powell offers entry level bass rods that have a good reputation and Cableas or BPS offer some decent rod/reel combos to get started.

Tom

My jig rod is a All Star ASR.

They were disconntinued a few years ago. 

If you can find one, You won't be dissapointed.

Mike

I see Tackleware House stopped carring AllStar bass rods, you might want to call them and ask why?

Powell offers entry level bass rods that have a good reputation and Cableas or BPS offer some decent rod/reel combos to get started.

Tom

They're academy exclusives now.

About 3 years ago I bought an Allstar IM10 redfish rod, med 8/17 spinning, it was on sale at very attractive price.  10 minutes after leaving DSG I stopped at a canal, the rod casted like a dream, but that was the extent of my enthusiasm for it.  I hook a bass that was a pound or so and the rod had the backbone of a wet noodle, a redfish rod huh.......within minutes I was back at Dicks.

About 3 years ago I bought an Allstar IM10 redfish rod, med 8/17 spinning, it was on sale at very attractive price.  10 minutes after leaving DSG I stopped at a canal, the rod casted like a dream, but that was the extent of my enthusiasm for it.  I hook a bass that was a pound or so and the rod had the backbone of a wet noodle, a redfish rod huh.......within minutes I was back at Dicks.

Maybe a redfish bait rod. I've been looking at the team series.

Maybe a redfish bait rod. I've been looking at the team series.

Not bait rod at all, just an all around spinning rod for throwing lures up to about 3/4 oz.  Bait rods are heavier, many baits weigh several ounces themselves without using any additional lead.

Not bait rod at all, just an all around spinning rod for throwing lures up to about 3/4 oz.  Bait rods are heavier, many baits weigh several ounces themselves without using any additional lead.

I meant a rod for catching bait. Pinfish are really dense for their size, and also a blast to catch on 4 pound line.