Sign in to follow this  
pbizzle

Breaking Strength Of 12Lb P-Line Cxx

I know it's super strong, but how strong is it?

Sadly my 10lb pxx wasn't as strong. I broke off a 6lber and 5lber and I wasn't even horsing the fish. Some say it has a breaking strength of 13-16lbs though

12# cxx is some of the strongest non super line i've ever used. unless it's frayed or nicked somewhere in the line, the breaking strength will far exceed anything you really need.

I agree, this line (CXX) is great stuff, it's all I use in a mono/copoly type situation. I'm sure I have broken a fish off here or there over the years but I can't remember one right now. I have more confidence in this line than anything else that isn't braid. I'm not exactly sure what the breaking strength of 12# is but it seems like I remember reading a test once where it was like 20#'s, or pretty close.

The owner of a tackle shop once told me that it was safe to double whatever it says the rating is, now I'm not sure if this is accurate or not but it's what he told me.  

Thanks. I knew it was strong, but I didn't think that it would be that strong. Sounds like my next line.