Sign in to follow this  
bigbill

Fishing The Large 9" Swimbaits

I purchased three of those 9" castiac rainbow lures when they were the only big swimbaits for big bass. I cast them out using a saltwater rod setup and reel it slowly in. I can't figure out any other way to use them from shore. I purchased three hoping to wear them out.

I wait till most of the fisherman are gone before I go splashing about with these big swimbaits.

I never casted it out in the dark or low light yet.

Is anyone else from shore using these.

I normally only throw my big swimbaits from the boat and stick with smaller swimbaits from shore. The main reason is that if my big hudd gets stuck on the boat I can get it back, from shore it is a lot more work.  Ive had my best luck casting into creeks and pulling the swimbait out around points. This tactic has worked best on really small lakes/ponds.

I fish a Slammer from shore but it floats. I'm also usually prepared and willing to get wet to get an expensive bait back also. 

Since my 9" castaic trout lure floats I do keep a rod setup ready with bigger treble lures to retrieve it. It really looks real reeling it slow so it stays near the top. When it gets hit I wish I could catch it on camera.