So on my new berkley lightning rod shock, I noticed after the third outing with it (at night, go figure) one of the guide got pushed forward almost against the rod. I was kinda worried to try it, but I slowly pushed it back to where it belongs. Is that ok, or is the integrity of the guide forever less? I can't imagine that this doesn't happen often and I can't imagine sending it back just because of that, so is this normal? Thanks!

ya its ok, somehow (i still dont know how it happened) 3 guides on my casting rod got bent flat against the rod blank, i slowly bent them back up to there original position, they have been this way now for several months and work fine, no casting distance lost, dont look like there gonna fall off,

the metal they use to make the guide frames are generally made to take some abuse including bending & flexing. if you find it to be a big problem, you can email the rod mamafacture ansking for a new quide, take the rod and guide down to a local tackle shop and they should be able to take bent one off and put new one on for you.

As long as the guide still has the insert you won't notice anything different.  If bent a couple times it will eventually break.  As mentioned, replacing a guide is an easy fix and prettty inexpensive to have done locally.

On a side note- night fishing will force you to learn to keep a boat organized and will teach you to put things in the exact same spot all the time...  or it will cost you a lot of money.  :)  Trust me, I can get to almost any thing in my boat with my eyes closed.  How-  I have broken my fair share of rods and guides while night fishing in the early years!

As long as the guide still has the insert you won't notice anything different.  If bent a couple times it will eventually break.  As mentioned, replacing a guide is an easy fix and prettty inexpensive to have done locally.

On a side note- night fishing will force you to learn to keep a boat organized and will teach you to put things in the exact same spot all the time...  or it will cost you a lot of money.  :)  Trust me, I can get to almost any thing in my boat with my eyes closed.  How-  I have broken my fair share of rods and guides while night fishing in the early years!

X2   :Victory: 

Were you been hiding?  :eyebrows:

X2   :Victory:

Were you been hiding?  :eyebrows:

Well, that's a long story....  but glad to be fishing again and have internet access at home! 

Was going to ask the same thing Keith. Glad to see you back.