Hood River Oregon Bass Fishing

BassinBlues

I'm going to be stopping in Hood River Oregon on my way to Astoria for 2 days of bass fishing the Columbia River.  I will be pulling into Hood River on May 26th, 2014  to May 28th 2014.  I was wondering if anyone would like to share some info on the bassin of this strech of river.  All my fishing is catch and release.  Also if there are any clubs or groups having any tournaments between the 26th of May to 8th of June I would like to fish in one of them.

Thank you for your time....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super User

Check with Oregon Bass's president. He stays up on it all and used to fish with him. Mention you talked to someone who moved to Tennessee.

Tight Lines

• 1 month later...

You will be in prime time, the last two weeks of may you will have both pre spawn, spawning, and post spawn fish. I live in HR and the last two weeks of may are by far my most productive time. I fish wacky rigged senkos in watermelon, or a texas rigged sweet beaver, in either watermelon, pumpkin, or junebug. Good luck!

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, BassMe said:

@Bronze123,  where is the best place to fish for bass in Hood River with bobbers and bottom fishing?  We usually fish at the Hook but there are a lot of activities there late Spring thru the Summer. 

What are you looking for specifically, smallmouth or just for anything?