Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Bob

Manistee Trip--Get To Smoke'n

We hit the Manistee National Forrest for some Kings this weekend and had a ball! We had a wet night Saturday but both days stayed pretty rain free, and produced some good fish. This was also a good test for the Lew's Super Duty, it got the job done was great to fight these hogs on, but was as small a reel as I would want for this duty. Now it's time to get to smoke'n em for hunting season snacks and the holidays with the family,,,,,,this is my time of year for the next 7 months, hunt'n till we get the hard water, then throw in fish'n to fill the freezer, what more could a man ask for!!! Thank God for the life he has blessed me with!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!! :thumbsup1:_MG_0637-II_zps43cf32d0.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats ~

Manistee National Forest is a Beautiful Place, especially this time of year.

A-Jay

Those zombie kings hit like a Mack truck and put up an unbelievable fight on bass gear. :bravo-009:  

Congrats ~

Manistee National Forest is a Beautiful Place, especially this time of year.

A-Jay

Well A-Jay this is for you as I know you will understand, and many won't, for those who have never lived it have no idea where I am coming from and will consider this drivel!

It sure is, the rivers and streams are like magic mirrors casting back the beauty of the fall forest and bluffs above their water back at you as you cast and pluck giant fish out of their crystal clear depths, although shallow they are teaming with life as their surroundings abound with colorful leaves falling onto their surface as they prepare for their winters rest. Then after a brief rest in the white powder that cleanses this great place, they  will spring to life before the eyes of those willing to explore their fresh terrain giving new life to everything that lives in the spring, I will then return for the allusive mushrooms that are the fruit of my pursuits when I make my next visit, to prepare me once again for the next five months I will have to survive before I can return for another blessed experience!!

Their are so many who have no idea how sweet this part of our country is from Oct. to May, and lust for the hot swety dingy corners that most turn to this time of year, hard water and clean crisp air and everything so clean it will turn white, while the waters turn hard and create a new place to explore their depths and become the cherished fishing and hunting destinations for us who crave tranquility!!! You truly live in Gods Country and are the *** of those like me who kick off this time of year with trips like this to get away from the dog eat dog environment we are forced to live in (I am happily married and will remain that way as long as I live where she wants)   :Idontknow:  But I will be spending many many days for the next 7 months going into areas like this recharging my appreciation for the true outdoors!!!   :thumbsup: