Sign in to follow this  
BassinLou

Scale Hook Upgrade

I don't think I am explaining myself correctly, but I am sure someone has the answer I am looking for. I received for X-mas a Chatillon scale. I provided a pic to help explain myself. The little hook on the bottom scale that is used to actually weight the fish, I find way too small for my taste. Where can I find a hook or attachment that I can use to upgrade the size of that hook? Thanks in advance. 

Chatillon Scale

You could weight them in a plastic bag rather than change out the hook. Your other choice is pick up a big saltwater hook & cut off the point & barb and file it smooth.  

You could weight them in a plastic bag rather than change out the hook. Your other choice is pick up a big saltwater hook & cut off the point & barb and file it smooth.  

I was thinking about the plastic bag too. The big salt water is an idea. Bret Chapman as an interesting set up but I don't even know where to begin looking for that. 

Look at spear fishing and kayak stringers. There are several good stainless steel string clips available and Sampo makes a good nylon slide lock fish stringer clip. Tournament mesh weigh in bags work. You can also use a knotless net, zero the scale with the net on the scale, then weigh the fish in the net.

Tom