Sign in to follow this  
ZB85

Cabelas Fish Eagle Ii Casting Rod

I got a couple reels off of craigslist awhile back and one of them came with a 6'6" cabelas fish eagle II casting rod. Im not sure the action or taper of the rod because it doesnt say on the rod and I cant find them on cabelas site. If i had to guess i would say its a medium action. Does anyone have any experience with these rods? Would it be a good rod for topwater baits?

It'll work for topwaters, and probably be good for spinnerbaits too.

What number is on the rod? Should be something like a 662, 663, or 664. I worked in the fishing department at Cabela's for several years and unless they've changed how they rate their rods the 662 is around a medium light, 663 is medium, and 664 is medium heavy, all fast action.

The fish eagle 2 that I have is what they call CX2 IM6 graphite, I have one that is 20 years old and it is a decent stick believe it or not. It is more than likely a medium power rod with a fast action. The medium was popular in that line, and still is from what my friends brother tells me as he is a manager at out Cabelas. Guys used the medium power for topwaters like spooks and poppers, and I used it for jerkbaits and 1/4oz rattle traps.