Sign in to follow this  
Megastink

Gammy Superline Hooks

Does anyone flip with Gamakatsu Superline Straight shank hooks? Heres a link: http://www.gamakatsu.com/fishing-hooks.php?pid=1042

Thoughts/Reviews?

If they are anything like there EWG superline hook then they are strong heavy duty hook. Before I switched to straight shank hooks the superline EWG was my go to Flippin hook.

I have, but not since they came out with all these flipping hooks with the the barbs molded to the shank. They are a good strong hook, but I don't like straight shank hooks, and you have to add a shrink wrap barb to them or the baits will slide down almost every flip or pitch in heavy cover............it's annoying as all heck. Honestly, if I was going to buy straight shank hooks again, I'd just buy ones with the barbs already on them.

I have, but not since they came out with all these flipping hooks with the the barbs molded to the shank. They are a good strong hook, but I don't like straight shank hooks, and you have to add a shrink wrap barb to them or the baits will slide down almost every flip or pitch in heavy cover............it's annoying as all heck. Honestly, if I was going to buy straight shank hooks again, I'd just buy ones with the barbs already on them.

I tie my own keeper on it. I use gel-spun saltwater fly thread (which is very tough thread) and a piece of a paper clip. I tie i on and superglue it in place. Very effective. I just wanted to hear about Hook up ratios with these hooks.